- Joseph Yobo has played in three World Cup for the Super Eagles
- The former Everton defender played 10 games for Nigeria in 2002, 2010, and 2014 World Cup
- Austin Okocha played nine games for the Super Eagles of Nigeria in three World Cup
Former Everton captain Joseph Yobo has emerged as the Nigerian topping the table of Super Eagles players who have most appearances in the FIFA World Cup.
Before turning his career into coaching, Joseph Yobo was one of the best defenders in the world considering his performances for all the clubs he played for and also the national team.
Joseph Yobo entered the Super Eagles before the 2002 FIFA World Cup hosted by Japan and Korea and was superb for the three-time African champions even though they did not make it from the group stage.
Jubilation as Turkish fans open big restaurant in Germany and name it after Super Eagles legend (photos)
The 40-year-old played for Nigeria at three World Cup tournaments which was the 2002, 2010 and 2014 and featured in 10 games.
Former Bolton star Austin Okocha also had three tournaments for Nigeria at World Cup which was in 1994, 1998 and 2002.
Below is the standing for the World Cup appearances
1. Joseph Yobo (2002, 2010 and 2014) 10 games
2. Austin Okocha (1994, 1998 and 2002) 9 games
3. Finidi George (1994 and 1998) 8 games
4. Sunday Oliseh (1994 and 1998) 8 games
5. Peter Rufai (1994 and 1998) 8 games
6. Rashidi Yekini (1994 and 1998) 8 games
7. Vincent Enyeama (2002, 2010 and 2014) 8 games
8. Mutiu Adepoju (1994 and 1998) 7 games
9. Uche Okechukwu (1994 anf 1998) 7 games
10. John Obi Mikel (2014 and 2018) 7 games
11. Ahmed Musa (2018 and 2018) 7 games
Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Super Eagles captain Ahmed Musa is one of the most stylish current Nigerian footballers with exotic cars in his garage with some on-point outfits to complement his collections.
The 28-year-old former Leicester City attacker has also been highly impressive with his charity works across the country.
Having completed two stunning Sports complex in Kano and Kaduna, the winger has revealed his plan to build an international standard school in Jos.
Musa shared his picture where he was dressed in full agbada attire in front of his white Ranger Rover Evoque machine.
Nigerian footballer in Vietnam shares his Covid 19 isolation story | Legit TV