- Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best footballers on earth considering his performances
- The Portugal international scored 17 penalties in the year 2020
- Argentina international Lionel Messi on his own side netted nine penalties
Portugal international Cristiano Ronaldo who currently plays for reigning Italian champions Juventus has topped the list of 10 big players who scored most penalties in the year 2020.
Although the year 2020 had come and gone and sporting activities were seriously affected during this year due to the outbreak of COVID-19 which has been a serious problem to the whole world.
When the pandemic became so serious in Europe in March 2020, League games were suspended even though the 2019/20 season were later concluded except in France who cancelled the whole term.
Despite the circumstances, some players were still able to perform incredibly well for their clubs in the year 2020 with some winning titles while others were unable to.
However, we take a look at the 10 players who scored most penalties in 2020 according to the report on sportskeeda.
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus/Portugal) - 17 successful penalties
2. Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United/Portugal) - 15 successful penalties
3. Ciro Immobile (Lazio/Italy) - 14 successful penalties
4. Romelu Lukaku (Inter Milan/Belgium) - 10 successful penalties
5. Lionel Messi (Barcelona/Argentina) - 9 successful penalties
6. Jordan Veretout (AS Roma) - 9 successful penalties
7. Lucas Ocampos (Sevilla/Argentina) - 9 successful penalties
8. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain/Brazil) - 8 successful penalties
9. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool/Egypt) - 7 successful penalties
10. Andrej Kramaric (1899 Hoffenheim/Croatia) - 7 successful penalties
Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Lionel Messi who is the captain of Barcelona was hailed by his manager at Camp Nou, Ronald Koeman, who claimed that the world would never see any player like the Argentine again.
There is no doubt about the fact that Lionel Messi is one of the best players in the world considering his brilliant performances since he broke into Barcelona's first team.
Since 2004 that Lionel Messi has been playing for Barcelona's first team, the Argentine has won six Ballon d'Or awards with the Catalans more than any other player on earth.
Cristiano Ronaldo is the one close to Lionel Messi on the Ballon d'Or award won as the Portugal international has five.
Lionel Messi has also won four Champions League titles and 10 Spanish La Liga crowns so far in his incredible career at Barcelona.
3 interesting footballing moments between Maradona and Nigeria | Legit TV