- A gas station has caught fire in Baruwa, Ipaja area of Lagos state
- The fire outbreak started around 6am with emergency responders making efforts to put it out
- An elderly man was burnt by the fire while two others who sustained injuries have been taken to the hospital
PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75,000 or N38,000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng
Another tragedy struck in Lagos state in the early hours of Thursday, October 8, as a gas station exploded in Baruwa, Ipaja area of the state.
Legit.ng covered the fire outbreak which started around 6am while emergency responders stormed the explosion site around 7am, making efforts to put out the fire.
An elderly man was burnt in one of the houses close to the gas plant while two people who sustained injuries from the fire have been taken to the hospital for treatment.
Several houses close to the gas plant were destroyed by the raging fire.
The Lagos state police command has also deployed some of its operatives to the explosion site.
Eyewitnesses who spoke to Legit.ng named the gas station as Best Roof Gas Station, located on Cardoso Road, Baruwa Ipaja, Lagos.
Houses destroyed by the fire
In a related development, a lot of houses, shops and cars in Niger state went into flames in the night of Sunday, September 6, following a fire explosion from a tanker loaded with petrol.
A collision of the petrol-laden tanker and a trailer caused the inferno that led to the disaster.
It was gathered that the tragic accident led to the destruction of properties before the intervention of the fire service from Suleja.
In another report, a Nigerian man, Yinka Ogunnubi, has reflected on how he bounced back from a fire outbreak in his home on Friday, September 27, 2019.
He said everything in his house would have burnt to the ground if not for the quick intervention of his neighbours.
Abule Ado fire: Lives lost, houses destroyed in Lagos explosion | Legit TV