Celestial names are the perfect trendy option for parents who want their kids to stand out. These space themed names will make your child unique.
If you have been looking for the perfect name to give your child, look no further, as this list contains the most impressive celestial names that you can give your child.
Celestial names for boys
What are some cool space names? Here are some cool male space names that you can give your baby boy:
- Apollo: Apollo is not just the name of the Greek god of sun and light; it is also the name of a famous NASA program.
- Saros: Saros comes from the term "Saros Cycle," a period in which eclipses repeat themselves.
- Phoenix: The robotic spacecraft that was sent to Mars for exploration.
- Orion: Orion, also called The Hunter, is the brightest and best-known constellation in the sky. This constellation consists of three conspicuous stars. Orion originates from Greek mythology, where Orion was a mighty hunter and the son of Poseidon. The meaning of Orion is "limit or boundary."
- Oberon: The major moon of Uranus.
- Cosmos: Cosmos is the entire physical universe, the world.
- Vulcan: The hypothetical planet whose existence was questioned by scientists in 1915.
- Jericho: City of the moon.
- Leo: A constellation containing clusters of shiny stars.
- Jupiter: The fifth planet from the sun and the largest planet in the solar system.
- Mercury: The planet closest to the sun.
- Holmes: The comet Holmes was once the largest object in the solar system.
- Sirius: The brightest star in the sky
- Aries: The constellation Aries, depicting a ram, represents the Golden Fleece in Greece mythology.
- Rige: The super-giant star in the Orion constellation.
- Aerglo: A play on the word ‘airglow,’ a natural glow of the night sky from the reactions that take place in the upper atmosphere of the Earth.
- Perseus: The constellation located in the northern portion of the sky.
- Pluto: Pluto is derived from a Latin word and it means "God of the underworld".
- Janus: One of the moons of Saturn. It is the masculine version of the month name January.
- Mars: The monicker honors the war god in Roman mythology.
Male names that mean moon
What are some powerful names? What about those that mean moon? Check out some of them below:
- Ainar: Kazakh name for moon.
- Arche: One of the moons of Jupiter.
- Artem: Derived from the Greek goddess of the moon.
- Atlas: One of the moons of Saturn.
- Badar/Bader: Arabic for a full moon.
- Badru: Egyptian for "born during a full moon".
- Hyperion: One of the moons of Jupiter.
- Jerah: Hebrew for “Jehovah has seen,”; a lunar month.
- Jericho: Arabic for the city of the moon.
- Kale: One of the moons of Jupiter.
- Koray: Turkish for ember moon.
- Luan: Portuguese name for the moon.
- Mani: The personification of the moon in Norse mythology.
- Narvi: One of the moons of Saturn.
- Oberon: One of the moons of Uranus.
- Qamar: Of Arabic origin
- Triton: Greek name for God of the sea; one of the moons of Neptune.
- Tunkay: Turkish for the copper moon.
- Vikesh: Indian name for the moon.
Male names that mean sun
Choose a monicker to give your baby boy from this list:
- Elio: One of the several alternatives of the Sun god Helios, who drives across the sky every day in a horse-drawn chariot.
- Aditya: Sun in Hindu.
- Surya: The Hindu god of the sun.
- Apollo: Apollo is the god of many things – music, light, poetry, and of course, the Sun.
- Eleodoro: Gift from the sun.
- Levant: Refers to the direction of the rising sun.
- Sharik: One on whom the sun shines.
Masculine names that mean star
These wonderful monickers will make your baby boy stand out:
- Astrophel (Literary) - star lover
- Elrond (Literary) - star dome
- Hoshi (Japanese)
- Itri (Tamazight)
- Izar (Basque)
- Jiemba (Wiradjuri)
- Najm (Arabic)
- Shihab (Arabic) - shooting star
- Stelo (Esperanto)
- Sterling (English) - little star
- Ylli (Albanian)
- Whetu (Maori)
Space names for girls
Here are some awesome galaxy names to give your beautiful baby girl:
- Lyra: A harp-like constellation in the northern hemisphere.
- Bianca: A small moon in Uranus.
- Astrid: Gorgeous goddess.
- Andromeda: A galaxy named after a Greek mythology princess. It means ‘ruler of man.’
- Ophelia: A tiny moon in Uranus.
- Titania: The largest of the moons of Uranus and the eighth largest moon in the solar system.
- Juliet: Youthful.
- Libra: Fair, tactful, and well-balanced.
- Nova: The nuclear explosion of a white dwarf, which causes a sudden brightening of the star. Means "new star".
- Ariel: The shiniest moon in Uranus.
- Luna: Latin for the moon.
- Cassiopeia: The entire group of stars that form a pattern called constellations.
- Halley: The short-period comet that is visible to the human’s naked eye from the Earth. It appears just twice in a lifetime.
- Portia: The moon of Uranus.
- Venus: The second-closest planet to the Sun, named after the Roman goddess of beauty and love.
- Pandora: The first woman endowed with gifts of gods in Greek mythology.
- Phoebe: Bright, radiant, and prophetic.
- Miranda: One of the five major moons of Uranus.
Female names that mean moon
These names meaning moon are good monickers to give baby girls:
Girl names that mean sun
Giving your child any one of these sun names will definitely make them stand out:
- Helen: Sunray or shining light.
- Eliana: Daughter of the sun.
- Elidi: Gift of the sun.
- Elaine: Scottish form of Helen, meaning "shining light".
- Arunika: Early morning sunlight.
- Sunniva: Sun gift.
Female names that mean star
Here are some unique female monickers that mean 'sun':
- Astra (Greek)
- Astraea (Latinized Greek)
- Bituin (Tagalong)
- Csilla (Hungarian)
- Dzvezda (Macedonian)
- Estelle (French)
- Estrella (Spanish)
- Seren (Welsh)
- Setareh (Persian)
- Sitara (Urdu)
- Star (English)
- Stella/Stela (Latin)
- Steora (Old English)
- Steren (Cornish)
- Tahti (Finnish)
- Tara (Sanskrit)
- Yildiz (Turkish)
Unisex names that mean star
Pick a monicker to give your child from this list of beautiful names meaning star:
- Aster (Greek)
- Citlali (Nahuatl)
- Dara (Sanskrit)
- Etoile (French)
- Najima (Arabic)
- Nthanda (Tumbuka)
- Nyota (Swahili)
- Realta (Irish)
In your opinion, which of these celestial names is the most beautiful? Let us know in the comments section below.
READ ALSO: 100+ incredible names that mean fire in different languages
Legit.ng recently published a well-compiled list of unique names that mean fire. As reported, there are many incredible names that mean fire that you can give your newborn or soon-to-be-born child.
Such monickers have great meanings, ranging from light, warmth, fiery spirit, wisdom, or the generative power of life and change.