- The APC has chosen an acting national chairman, Victor Giadom
- Until his new appointment, Giadom was the deputy national secretary of the ruling party
- This came up after the Court of Appeal affirmed Adams Oshiomhole's suspension as the national chairman of the APC
- Recently, Edo APC politics has been rife with a lot of intrigues and shocking drama
- The ruling party lost two powerful pillars on Tuesday, June 16, Governor Godwin Obaseki and his deputy, Philip Shaibu
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
The deputy national secretary of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) Victor Giadom, has emerged as the new acting national chairman.
Giadom's appointment came on the heels of a meeting by the party's National Working Committee (NWC), Channels TV reports.
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that the suspension of Oshiomhole as the national chairman of the APC had been upheld by the Court of Appeal in Abuja.
In a judgment by the president of the court, Justice Monica Dongban-Mensem, the judicial body ruled that Oshiomhole’s appeal that challenged his suspension lacked merit.
Before this, Legit.ng reported that the die on the issue of Oshiomhole's struggle to retain his seat as the national chairman of the APC would soon be cast. This was as the Court of Appeal in Abuja prepared to deliver its verdict over the application filed by Oshiomhole who is aiming to thwart moves towards his suspension by the Edo chapter of the APC.
The case, presided over by a three-man panel, which has listened to prayers from the concerned parties was led by Eunice Onyemenam.
Apart from challenging the jurisdiction of the Edo high court over the issue, the lead counsel of Oshiomhole, Damian Dodo, called on the appellate court to void the ruling of the lower judicial body.
Recall that Oshiomhole had summoned a meeting of the NWC of the ruling party in March.
The meeting was scheduled for Tuesday, March 17, at the party's national secretariat by 12 noon. This was revealed in a terse statement by the party's national publicity secretary, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu.
“All members of the NWC are expected to attend as important matters concerning the party," a part of the statement said.
APC disqualifies Obaseki from Edo guber primaries |- on Legit TV