Can you tell if someone blocked your texts? Yes, you can. Several tricks and methods will help you know if someone has actually blacklisted you on their phone. Although this realization may be heartbreaking, sometimes it's better to know for sure what's going on rather than spend so much time and effort trying to reach the person yet they do not want to communicate with you.
In this technological era, ending your communication with someone is just as easy as starting it. Today, you don't have to worry about receiving unwanted messages and calls from telemarketers, annoying relatives, nagging exes, you name them! With just a few swipes and taps, you can easily blacklist someone's contact, thereby making it impossible for them to contact you.
As convenient as this sounds, things cease being so positive when you are on the receiving end of this treatment. You may have angered someone, and now they don't want you calling or texting them.
Instead of outrightly asking you to give them some space, they may have opted to block your number on their phone. Any messages you send to them do not get replied, and you are confused.
If you are in such a situation, you may need to find out if indeed, the person has blocked you or if it just some network connectivity issues causing the problems in communication. Here are some helpful methods that will show you how to tell if your number is blocked.
Can you tell if someone blocked your texts? Methods that will help you find out
If you are tired of second-guessing what the problem could be, then you should follow these procedures to know once and for all if the person has indeed, blacklisted your number.
How can you tell if someone blocked you on an iPhone?
If you have an iPhone, you could use these helpful guides that will let you know your fate
How to tell if someone blocked your number if both of you have iPhones
- Open your messaging app, which is most likely iMessage.
- When you send a message using the iMessage application, you will get a 'delivered' confirmation when the text has actually been delivered. If you think that someone has blacklisted you, look at your messages with that person and look for that confirmation. If the previous iMessage says Delivered but the most recent one does not, it can mean that you've been blacklisted.
How to tell if someone blocked you using SMS on iPhone
- Enable SMS texts on your iPhone. When you do this, whenever iMessages don't go through, your device will try to re-send the message using your cellular plan.
- If your SMS messages also don't receive a reply or a delivery confirmation, then this means that the recipient has blacklisted you.
How to tell if someone blocked your number or if it is Do Not Disturb mode
If the person has Do Not Disturb mode turned on, you will still receive delivery notifications for the messages you send, but you will not if you have been blacklisted.
How to know if your number is blocked through voicemail
- To do this, you will have to call the person. If the phone rings for a very short time (not even a full ring) before connecting to voicemail, then you might have been blacklisted.
Even if the person has blacklisted you, you will still be able to leave a voice message as you would with any other call.
How do you know if someone blocked your number Android?
How do I know if someone blocked my texts on Android? For Android users, the following methods will suffice:
Method 1: Calling them
How do you know if someone has blocked your number? The easiest way to know this for sure is by actually calling them. When calling them, take note of the following:
- Is the phone ringing normally as it should be (5 to 15 rings at-least)?
- Does the phone ring just once or not ring at all and gets abruptly diverted to voice mail?
- Try calling them again and see whether your calls are being redirected to voice mail every time.
Calls going to voice mail directly or being abruptly diverted to voice mail after a single ring are reliable indicators of a blacklisted phone number.
However, take note that this could also happen because of other reasons, such as poor network connection, so do not be too quick to jump into conclusions.
Method 2: Deleting the contact
Here is how to tell if someone blocked your number Android method:
- Open the Contacts app on your Android device.
- Tap on the contact name of the person you suspect may have blacklisted you.
- Tap on the three vertical dots in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Tap "Delete" to delete their contact information.
- Open your Contacts app again.
- Tap on the search bar at the top of your screen and type in the person's name.
If the person's contact name appears as a suggested contact, then it is very likely that they didn't actually block you. If their name does not appear as a suggested contact, then you may have been blocked.
Method 3: Using WhatsApp
Here is how to know if someone blocked your number using WhatsApp:
- Open your WhatsApp app on your mobile device.
- Send a simple WhatsApp message to the person.
- After you send the message, start watching for checkmarks next to the sent message:
- The 1st checkmark will appear when the text leaves your phone.
- The 2nd checkmark appears when the message is received on the other person's phone. If your text gets just one checkmark, then this means that the person has blacklisted you on WhatsApp, which is a reliable indicator that the person may have blacklisted you on their phone as well.
Method 4: Switching off Caller ID
How do you know if someone blocked your number for sure? To confirm this, you could try switching off Caller ID on your phone and then calling them. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Phone app on your Android mobile device.
- Tap More (or the 3-bar Menu icon) from the top right corner of your screen.
- From the menu that appears, tap on Settings.
- On the next screen, tap on More Settings (or Advanced Settings).
- Tap on the icon that reads Show My Caller ID.
- On the pop-up menu, tap on Hide Number and tap on Cancel to get out of the Caller ID Menu.
- Now that your Caller ID is hidden, try calling the person. You will get one of these results:
- The person will pick the call, not knowing that it is you.
- The phone rings normally and does not get diverted to voice mail
These just prove that indeed, you have been blacklisted by this person.
Can I text someone I blocked on Android?
Yes, you can.
Can you tell if someone blocked your texts on WhatsApp?
Although there isn't a specific and definitive way to know if someone has blacklisted you on WhatsApp, the following simple indicators could mean so:
- You can no longer see a contact's last seen or 'online' in the chat window.
- You do not see updates to a contact's profile photo.
- The messages you send them have only one checkmark. Messages sent to a contact who has blacklisted you will always show one checkmark (which means that the message has been sent), and never show a second checkmark (which means that the message has been delivered).
- Calls you attempt to make will not go through.
Can you tell if someone blocked your texts? Yes, you can. Although the methods that will help you know this are not as straightforward as getting a 'You have been blocked' message, they are quite efficient and will let you rest easy as you will know that indeed, this person does not want to communicate with you.
Source: Legit Newspaper