Kristy McNichol bio: age, net worth, partner, movies and TV shows
Kristy McNichol is a famous actress who is best known for portraying Buddy in the TV drama series Family. The actress was a top personality in the movie industry throughout the 1970s. What happened to Kristy McNichol after she left show business?
Millions of people followed the story of her success and popularity. Why did she quit acting? What is she doing now?
- Full name: Christina Ann McNichol
- Profession: Actress, singer
- Date of birth: 11 September 1962
- Kristy McNichol age: 57 years
- Place of birth: Los Angeles, California, the USA
- Height: 163 centimetres
- Kristy McNichol net worth: $4 million
Top 10 most interesting facts about Kristy McNichol
- She was born in Los Angeles, California.
- Her parents' names are Carolyn and James. Apart from Kristy, the couple had two sons, Jimmy and Tommy.
- When the girl was just three years old, her parents got divorced.
- At the age of six, she appeared in her first commercial.
- In 1974, she appeared in Apple’s Way. After that, she worked on a few more projects.
- Tremendous success came to her with the role of Letitia Buddy Lawrence in the drama series Family. Thanks to this role, her talent was recognized with two Emmy Awards.
- After this, she became so popular that she was involved in filming several projects at the same time. Whatever happened to Kristy McNichol, she kept on moving forward despite continuous stress. As a teen, she had a six-figure income.
- In 1980, she starred the movie Little Darlings.
- In 1992, she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
- She has voiced several characters in animated movies.
- In 1998, the actress left the acting industry. What was the reason behind such a decision? In her own words,
"I left show business for a variety of reasons, but a big one was my interest in learning what else there is in life."
After her retirement, she taught acting at a private school in Los Angeles.
How old is Kristy McNichol now?
The actress was born on 11 September 1962. As of today, she is 57 years old.
Does she have children? Who is Kristy McNichol married to?
Who is Kristy McNichol partner?
Celebrities are always the centre of attention. Their clothes, houses, cars, and partners are objects of admiration and interest to millions of fans around the world. Throughout many years, the actress kept the name of her partner in a secret.
Is Kristy McNichol gay? Yes, she is. In January 2012, the actress Kristy McNichol revealed the news about her relationship. She came out as a gay woman. The name of her girlfriend is Martie Allen. They do not have children.
Her publicist, Jeff Ballard, revealed that:
Kristy feels strongly about fighting bullying and intolerance… She realizes that kids don’t always have the coping skills to manage their fear and pain when they feel “different.” And in her own way, she wants to help others by telling people who she is. She hopes that all these small steps together can make a difference.
How much is Kristy McNichol worth?
The net worth of Kristy McNichol today is $4 million. Acting is not the only source of her income.
Just like her brother Jimmy McNichol, she is a talented singer. In 1978, the duo released its first music album, Kristy & Jimmy McNichol.
Kristy McNichol movies and TV shows
Which of Kristy McNichol movies and television series are your favorite ones?
- 1975 : Me & Dad’s New Wife
- 1975: Fawn Story
- 1978: The End
- 1978: Like Mom, Like Me
- 1978: Summer of My German Soldier
- 1979: My Old Man
- 1980: Little Darlings
- 1980: Blinded by the Light
- 1981: The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia
- 1981: Only When I Laugh
- 1982: The Pirate Movie
- 1982: White Dog
- 1982: Aladdin and the Magic Lamp
- 1984: Just the Way You Are
- 1985: Love, Mary
- 1986: Women of Valor
- 1986: Dream Lover
- 1988: Two Moon Junction
- 1988: You Can't Hurry Love
- 1989: Dirty Tennis
- 1989: The Forgotten One
- 1990: Children of the Bride
- 1991: Baby of the Bride
- 1993: Mother of the Bride
- 1969 – 1974: Love, American Style
- 1974 – 1975: Apple’s Way
- 1975 – 1979: Starsky and Hutch
- 1976 – 1978: The Bionic Woman
- 1976 – 1980: Family
- 1977 – 1987: The Love Boat
- 1988 – 1995: Empty Nest
- 1988: The animated TV series Invasion America
- 1991: The Golden Girls
- 1997: The animated TV series Extreme Ghostbusters
Although she does not have social media pages, you can still find many Kristy McNichol hot pictures from fan accounts on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
After leaving show business, Kristy McNichol enjoys living a private life. She is fond of yoga, tennis, travelling, and raising her dachshund dogs.