Without streams, lakes, rivers, seas and oceans, the world would not exist because all animals and plants need them to survive. These resources contain a powerful fluid that plays an essential role in our lives, as most cool water quotes remind us.
There are moments when a water quote is all it takes to remind us to persevere until we achieve our dreams, hopes, and ambitions in life. This is because it is a liquid with the power to go where it wants to go, and nothing can stand against it. Water quotes, therefore, remind us to unleash the power and greatness inside us.
Best water quotes to give hope to everyone
We all need some inspiration to keep working towards our goals and dreams regardless of the obstacles we face in our paths. A quote on water may be all you need to become inspired because it is an essential liquid for all forms of life.
Plants cannot grow without it, and the same applies to both animals and human beings. If you were denied this precious liquid, it would only take you a few days to die from dehydration.
A quote about water gives you the encouragement you need to keep flowing during both the smooth and rough times.
We have compiled a list of inspirational, wise, and thoughtful quotes about water that will motivate you in your health and fitness, career, education, personal development, and even family goals and dreams.
Top quotes about water
Without this precious liquid substance, there would be no life on earth. It is a driving force that has the power to carve its own way through anything, whether soft or hard. Here are some top quotes about it from which we can learn a few things in life;
- In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans; in one aspect of you are found all the aspects of existence. ― Kahlil Gibran Jr.
- Human nature is like water. It takes the shape of its container. ―Wallace Stevens
- You never really know what's coming. A small wave, or maybe a big one. All you can really do is hope that when it comes, you can surf over it, instead of drown in its monstrosity. ― Alysha Speer
- A river cuts through rock not because of its power but because of its persistence. ― Jim Watkins
- An over-indulgence of anything, even something as pure as water, can intoxicate. ― Criss Jami
- Where the waters do agree, it is quite wonderful the relief they give. ― Jane Austen
- In rivers, the water that you touch is the last of what has passed and the first of that which comes; so with present time. ― Leonardo da Vinci
- When the well’s dry, we know the worth of water. ― Benjamin Franklin
Water inspirational quotes
As all human beings strive for happier and more fulfilling lives, we can all get a lot of inspiration from this precious liquid. Despite being humble and soft, it can cut through the toughest rocks and other hard materials due to its persistence and patience.
When life throws curve-balls our way, we should not give in. Instead, we should behave like this clear liquid and cut through the challenges. We can also form a new path that will direct us to our dreams and goals as these quotes remind us;
- Water does not resist. It flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress. It is not a solid wall, it will not stop you. But it always goes where it wants to go, and nothing, in the end, can stand against it. It is patient. It wears away a stone. Remember that, my child... If you can't go through an obstacle, go around it. ― Margaret Atwood
- Water is the softest thing, yet it can penetrate mountains and earth. This shows clearly the principle of softness overcoming hardness. ― Lao Tzu
- Therefore, just as water retains no constant shape, so in warfare there are no constant conditions. ― Sun Tzu
- Water seeks its own level. Look at them. The Tigris, the Euphrates, the Mississippi, the Amazon, the Yangtze. The world's great rivers. And every one of them finds its way to the ocean. ― Alison McGhee
- When life places stones in your path, be the water. A persistent drop will wear away, even the hardest stone. ― Autumn Morning Star
- Water is the most perfect traveler because when it travels, it becomes the path itself! ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- A dream is like a river ever-changing as it flows and a dreamer's just a vessel that must follow where it goes. ― Garth Brooks
Water is life quotes
Without streams, rivers, seas, and oceans, all living things would not survive because they are an integral part of all eco-systems. Without these resources, nature would not exist.
Without nature, there no living organism can survive. These quotes remind us about the importance of this precious liquid for all forms of life;
- Thousands have lived without love, not one without water. ― H. Auden
- They both listened silently to the river, which to them was the voice of life, the voice of being, the voice of perpetual becoming. ― Hermann Hesse
- It is life, I think, to watch the river. A man can learn so many things. ― Nicholas Sparks
- Water is the driving force of all nature. — Leonardo da Vinci
- I believe that water is the closest thing to a god we have here on earth. We are in awe of its power and majestic beauty. We are drawn to it as if it's a magical, healing force. We gestate in it, are made of it, and need to drink it to live. We are living in it. ― Alex Z. Moores
- Water is sacred to all human beings. If you do not have it, you cannot have life. I always remember to honor and pour it because it is traditional. ― Autumn Morning Star
- Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our rivers and oceans is the principal measure of how we live on the land. ― Luna Leopold
Water love quotes
Strong affection for our parents, friends, children, and even significant others, makes our lives more meaningful. Love can make you conquer the unimaginable, just like streams, rivers, lakes and oceans do.
Below is a compilation of quotes about this critical aspect of our lives;
- The water is a dark flower and a fisherman is a bee in the heart of her. ― Annie Proulx
- Just take my hand, lead, dance with me...and I will simply follow the blueness of the water, the white waves rolling free... where the earth beneath my feet and stars make my heart whole again... in long and priceless moments of shared solitude. ― Oksana Rus
- Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle. ― Crystal Middlemas
- There are moments in life, when the heart is so full of emotion That if by chance it be shaken, or into its depths like a pebble drops some careless word, it overflows, and its secret, spilt on the ground like water, can never be gathered together. ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If I gaze at my beloved, she may feel embarrassed, and if I do not, she will feel neglected. I can see the stars reflecting in the calm water of her face, but if I look away, I lose my clarity. ― Rumi
- The water caresses in the glass, like love in the body. ― Charles de Leusse
- As the river surrenders itself to the ocean, what is inside me moves inside you. ― Kabir
Calm water quotes
Sometimes, streams, rivers, lakes, oceans, and seas are full of raging tides. Sometimes, they are still and quiet. In both the raging and still moments, the power of the precious liquid must not be underrated.
In stillness, it continues to cut through rocks and other tough surfaces. From the silent water quotes below, we are reminded of the importance of resilience in life. In both the rough and smooth times, we must always keep going until we accomplish our purpose on earth.
- When the water is calm, take as much distance as possible with your boat! ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- A calm water is like a still soul. ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- I was still water, held by my surroundings. I am now a river, carving my own path. ― Scott Stabile
- Many a calm river begins as a turbulent waterfall, yet none hurtles and foams all the way to the sea. ― Mikhail Lermontov
- In calm water every ship has a good captain. ― Grover Cleveland
- It is, therefore, essential to let the 'heart spirit' settle like a calm river. Then it becomes a tranquil lake in which the sky is reflected, in which the face of Christ can be seen. ― Olivier Clement
- Excitement is the drunkenness of the spirits. Only calm waters reflect heaven in their bosom. ― Margaret of Valois
Drink water quotes
About 60% of our bodies are made of this precious fluid. For years, medical and health experts have reminded us to drink enough of this precious liquid.
It regulates body temperature, lubricates and cushions joints, protects sensitive tissues, helps us to get rid of wastes through urination, perspiration and bowel movements, and so much more. For these reasons, we need to consume about 2.7 liters and 3.7 liters of fluids for women and men, respectively.
A drinking water quote may be what you need to remind you to consume the required amount of this fluid each day. Every person who is conscious about their health and fitness understands the importance of this liquid.
Below, we give you a drink water quote for each day of the week to keep you on track;
- It is difficult to find anything more healthy to drink than good cold water, such as flows down to us from springs and snows of our mountains. This is the beverage we should drink. It should be our drink at all times. ― Brigham Young
- Drinking water is like washing out your insides. It will cleanse the system, fill you up, decrease your caloric load, and improve the function of all your tissues. ― Kevin R. Stone
- I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man. ― Henry David Thoreau
- Being hydrated can change everything. Just the simple act of drinking enough water on a daily basis can have a profound effect on your life. It certainly will help you to lose weight, as it clears acid toxins from your system and boosts your metabolism. ― Ross Bridgeford
- Just as a drop of water in the ocean cannot avail much; but if a great river runneth into it, that maketh a great commotion. ― Jakob Bohme
- Drink an enormous amount of water. Every cell of your body would benefit because the energy transmission of your body is affected. The more of it you drink, the more easily the energy flows! ― Abraham Hicks
- Bless the water you drink, and it will light up the cells of your body. ― Diana Cooper
Be like water quotes
There are always new lessons that we can draw from observing, thinking about, or even studying streams, lakes, rivers, oceans, and seas. Streams are rather small, but they unite in tributaries to form seas, lakes, and oceans.
Every be like water quote teaches and reminds us of the power and strength that every human being has. When we decide to unleash this power, we can achieve the impossible and accomplish our purpose in life.
- Always be like a water. Float in the times of pain or dance like waves along the wind, which touches its surface. ― Santosh Kalwar
- Be like a river making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless… Now, it can flow, or it can crash. ― Bruce Lee
- Water is fluid, soft, and yielding. But it will wear away rock, which is rigid and cannot yield. As a rule, whatever is fluid, soft, and yielding will overcome whatever is rigid and hard. ― Lao Tzu
- Your mind is like this a river, my friend, when it is agitated, it becomes difficult to see. But if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clear. ― Bil Keane
- Like water, which can clearly mirror the sky and the trees only so long as its surface is undisturbed, the mind can only reflect the true image of the self when it is tranquil and wholly relaxed. ― Indra Devi
- I am like the water that runs over me, immune to permanence, recycling endlessly... The form may change, but the substance stays the same. Strike me down, and I will rise again. Vincit qui patitur. ― Rick Yancey
- So let the mind flow like a river. Face life with a calm and quiet mind, and everything in life will be calm and quiet. ― Thich Thien-An
Streams, rivers, oceans, lakes, and seas are made of this precious liquid without which we would not exist. Which among the above water quotes are your favorites, and what do they motivate you to achieve in your life?