- Three Nigerian governors who have been on self-isolation over COVID-19 resumed their duties on Monday, April 6
- The governors are Kayode Fayemi, his counterpart from Oyo and Kwara states, Seyi Makinde and AbdulRaman AbdulRazaq
- Fayemi said the government would work out modalities to give financial support to those whose businesses had been adversely affected by COVID-19
Following their observation of 14-day isolation to know their coronavirus status, the governors of Ekiti, Oyo and Kwara states, Kayode Fayemi, Seyi Makinde and AbdulRaman AbdulRazaq, on Monday, April 6, resumed official functions in their respective states.
The Nation reports that the self-isolation is in line with the globally accepted COVID-19 protocols.
Legit.ng gathered that in Ekiti, Fayemi, who went into isolation on March 24, emerged from solitary confinement to perform his first state functions; with the flag-off of the distribution of palliatives to 20,000 indigent Ekiti citizens.
This was part of the state’s COVID-19 response, foodbank and the relaxation of the shutdown imposed on the state to allow for the reactivation of trading activities between 6 am and 2 pm between Tuesday, April 7 till Thursday, April 9.
Fayemi said the government would work out modalities to give financial support to those whose businesses had been adversely affected by the restriction slammed on the state to rout COVID-19.
In Ibadan, Governor Makinde conducted an inspection tour of the state’s largest isolation centre- Infectious Disease Centre, Olodo, Ibadan immediately he resumed office.
The governor, who appeared calm and relaxed, said he was thankful to the people of the state for their fervent prayers during his isolation period.
The 100-bed hospital was left in carcass by the immediate past administration, which christened its Mother and Child hospital.
Makinde’s administration re-designated its Infectious Disease Centre, with the capacity to serve as an isolation centre for 100 patients.
The governor maintained that though the efforts put in place by the government might not have hit the 100% mark, there were clear signs that the state was ready to fight COVID-19.
In Kwara, Governor AbdulRaman AbdulRazaq disclosed on Monday, April 6, that he went on self-isolation shortly after returning from the National Economic Council (NEC) meeting in Abuja.
He added that the action was in full compliance with the safety protocols of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control on COVID-19.
AbdulRazaq said: “Until now, I have remained in self-isolation shortly after returning from the National Economic Council meeting in Abuja on March 19. This is in keeping faith with the COVID-19 protocol that requires anyone with probable exposure to the virus, especially after traveling to frontline areas, to either self-isolate for 14 days incubation period or get tested to know their status. AlihamduliLlah, I am fine as I have always been.”
The governor said this in Ilorin, the state capital, where he launched the federal government’s conditional cash transfer to 25,000 households in the state, with beneficiary getting at least N20,000 each.
He said: “Today, I flag-off the disbursement of conditional cash transfer initiative of the Federal government to 25,000 households in Kwara. Each benefiting household is to get N20,000 cumulatively for the months of January, February, March and April.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Governor Makinde stated that he was not impressed with the manner the federal government’s conditional cash transfer initiative is being implemented.
The cash transfer initiative was implemented by the federal government to the poorest households in the country to cushion the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Coronavirus: Staying home for 2weeks is ‘sufferness’ | - on Legit TV