The most notable feature in the LG Q70 smartphone is the hole-in-display feature. It is one of the latest mid-range smartphones by LG. The device has some fantastic features which are suitable for modern-day mobile phone users. Some of these include a decent sized battery, large HD display and high-grade cameras for taking perfect shots.
In September 2019, LG announced that it would be releasing its latest smartphone, which would be known as LG Q70. LG Q70 release date was October 2019. This stylish phone boasts of the hole-in-display feature at a reasonable price. The hole-in-display feature is commonly found in high-end devices. The retail price of this device is about $454, which is approximately 163,667 Naira.
LG Q70 overview
What are the advantages and limitations of this phone?
- The device supports fast-charging for the user’s convenience.
- It comes with a large screen that makes viewing images and videos, playing games and creating documents stress-free.
- Its internal storage space is relatively large, and the user can expand it using a micro SD card.
- It has fantastic cameras that take clear and crisp shots.
- The smartphone is neither dust resistant nor waterproof.
- The device is relatively heavy.
- Its overall performance is average for a device that has its price tag.
LG Q70 specs
Below are the features and specifications of this smartphone;
- Network technology: GSM/ HSPA/ LTE
- Announced: September 2019
- Release date: October 2019
- Colours: Mirror Black
- Dimensions: 162.1 x 76.8 x 8.3 millimetres (6.38 x 3.02 x 0.33 inches)
- Weight: 198 grammes (6.98 oz)
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM
- Screen size: 6.4 inches
- Screen type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2310 pixels
- Operation system: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 2x2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold and 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver
- GPU: Adreno 612
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal memory: 64 GB
- External memory: Micro SD up to 1 TB
- Main camera: Triple (32 megapixels, 13 megapixels, and 5-megapixel depth sensor)
- Selfie camera: 16 megapixels
- Audio: Loudspeaker, 3.5 mm jack, surround sound and active noise cancellation
- Bluetooth: 5.0 with A2DP and LE
- USB: 2.0 Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensor: Fingerprint, accelerometer, proximity, and compass
- Battery: Li-Po 4000 mAh (non-removable)
- Charging: 15W fast-charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
Are you looking for an in-depth LG Q70 review? Here are the hardware features of this smartphone;
This smartphone is stylish and appealing. It is available in only one colour, that is, Mirror Black. The dimensions of this device are 162.1 x 76.8 x 8.3 millimetres (6.38 x 3.02 x 0.33 inches). It weighs 198 grammes (6.98 oz), which is relatively heavy for some people.
The rear of the device has triple horizontal cameras and a flashlight. A fingerprint sensor is located right beneath the cameras. At the front, there is a single selfie camera. The volume and power buttons are on the left side.
The mobile phone has an IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen that measures 6.4 inches, with approximately 81.4% screen-to-body ratio. Its resolution is 1080 x 2310 pixels. This display size is fantastic for people who play games on their phones as well as those who love watching movies and videos. The visuals are clear and crisp.
Processor, storage, and performance
The smartphone comes with an Octa-core 2x2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold and 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver processor. This processor is paired with a Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm) chipset and an Adreno 612 GPU. While this processor is reliable and widely used in other devices, it is pretty average. One would expect a more powerful processor for a device that costs as much as this device costs.
The LG Q70 smartphone comes with 4 GB of RAM. With this space, it is unlikely for the user to experience problems with inadequate memory. The internal storage of 64 GB is relatively impressive. It is more than adequate for the average smartphone user. If this storage space is insufficient, the user has the option of expanding it using a micro SD card of up to 1 TB.
LG Q70 battery life
The phone comes with a non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery. This battery size is pretty impressive. The user can play games, surf the internet or watch movies on their device for extended periods without worrying about battery drain.
The device features Quick Charge 3.0, which ensures that the device charges fully within a short period. A 2.0 Type-C 1.0 reversible connector USB cable comes with the device for charging.
Speaker and call quality
This mobile phone has excellent audio quality. It has both the loudspeaker and 3.5 mm jack options. It produces an audio quality of 32-bit/192kHz. Additionally, it has the active noise cancellation with dedicated mic feature as well as DTS: X Surround Sound for enhanced audio quality.
What does this smartphone have to offer in terms of software?
OS and features
LG Q70 Android is Android 9.0 (Pie). Unfortunately, this is not the newest version of Android in the market. Android 10 was released recently. Will this device upgrade to Android 10? Well, the manufacturer is yet to issue an official statement about this.
Other features in this phone include the rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. With this sensor, the user can unlock their device with one quick touch. Other sensors in this device are accelerometer, proximity, and compass.
LG Q70 camera
One of the best features in this device is the camera set up. At the rear, there are three horizontal cameras and a flashlight. The primary camera is a 32-megapixel wide-angle camera that is supported by a 13-megapixel ultra-wide secondary camera and a 5-megapixel depth sensor. These cameras have an LED flash, HDR and panorama. They also take high definition videos at 30fps.
At the front of the device, there is a 16-megapixel selfie camera which supports face unlock. This camera also takes high definition videos at 30fps. This smartphone has the hole-in-display technology. At the left corner of the display, there is a small “hole” which house the selfie camera module. This technology ensures that the edges of the screen are not touched by a notch.
In August 2019, Tech Merge conducted a YouTube review on this device. Here is what people had to say about the device;
- Fun Hunt: It matches the new trend but it should have 64 MP camera.
- Unique -Swap: But it's price is slightly high
- HARIKRISHNA P: Price should be between 17000 to 20000
- Unique -Swap: LG Q70 comes with really cool specifications
LG Q70 price
The LG Q70 2019 price is approximately $454. When converted to Nigerian money, this amount is about 163,667 Naira.
LG Q70 is a modern and stylish phone that is suitable for people who use their devices a lot. It has a fantastic battery and amazing cameras. It incorporates the hole-in-display technology that is mostly found in high-end devices. The biggest downside of this phone is its average processor. With its price tag, one would expect a more powerful processor.
LG Q70 was released in October 2019. It is a relatively good device for contemporary phone users. It has a good battery size that supports fast-charging, and it has other amazing features such as the hole-in-display that houses the selfie camera. It is a device that is worth purchasing in the present-day age.