- Governor Al-Makura has called on the Nigerian Army to put an end to the cases of kidnapping in Nasarawa state
- Al-Makura said a highly sophisticated syndicate is responsible for kidnappings in the state
- According to the governor, the sophistication of the group shows in the type of high-end guns they make use of for their operations
The Nasarawa state governor, Tanko Al-Makura, has asked the Nigerian Army to solve the persistent cases of kidnapping in the state.
The governor made this call on Monday, March 18, during the time he received officers from the Operation Whirl Stroke led by Major General Adeyemi Yekini at his house in Lafia, the state capital, Channels TV reports.
Al-Makura also lamented that the kidnapping incidents in the state is being were carried out by very sophisticated syndicate.
READ ALSO: Army confirms killing of Col Mohammed Barack
He said: “I have come to the painful understanding that these kidnapping activities is not as merely as what we see; it is a highly sophisticated syndicate that is carried out by so many specialists.
“The security has a lot of work to do to unearth the intricacies of this and until that is done, I am sorry to say that this will be around for a long time because they are well connected."
The governor said the kidnappers are making so much money from the crime going by how powerful their guns are.
The major general assured the governor that the situation will be solved as there is a working collaboration between the operation and other security agencies in the state.
He said: “We have to work with the security units on ground in the state here to find out what they are doing so that we know where and how we can come in to support them,” said the commander.
“It is something that is beatable, something that we can achieve success in that regard. We will try our best but in conjunction with the security forces in the state.”
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the Nasarawa state police command said it dismissed a constable, Yaseer Sani, arrested for allegedly abducting a 14-year-old hawker Halima Abdullahi in Lafia.
It was also gathered that the command’s public relations officer, Kennedy Idirisu, said on Thursday, January 4, in Lafia that the culprit was dismissed after the disciplinary procedure was concluded.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) --> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Is President Buhari Really Unable to Rescue Leah Sharibu from Boko Haram? - Street Gist | Legit TV