On Saturday, February 23, 2018, Nigerians will either continue with the current federal government or unseat it and entrench a new government to pilot the affairs of the nation. Realising the importance of Saturday's electoral process, President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday, February 22, addressed the nation as the people await the D-Day.
Legit.ng brings to you 8 quotes by President Buhari during the nationwide broadcast ahead of the presidential election.
Below are 8 quotes of President Buhari:
1. Tomorrow, the polls open. Tomorrow, we affirm that Nigeria stands as a democracy and that no worldly hand can deter us from this wise and fitting path we have chosen for ourselves.
2. Many were worried and thought the worst might happen. You proved them wrong by showing that you are a great people with an abiding love for peace, democracy and the unity of our country.
READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda
2023: Full speech as Senator Boroffice declares for presidency, reveals perfect roadmap to Nigeria's future
3. I believe INEC realises the profound and weighty duty that rests upon it.
4. We must cast aside doubt and have faith that INEC will rise to the occasion. We must believe and encourage INEC to fulfill and honour this responsibility it owes to our country.
5. As your President, I hereby ask all Nigerians with voting cards to participate in defining the future of our nation by exercising your democratic rights tomorrow. I urge you to go out and vote.
6. Do not be afraid of rumours of violence and unrest. Our security agencies have worked diligently to ensure that adequate security measures are in place.
7. You will be able to vote in an atmosphere of openness and peace, devoid of fear from threat or intimidation.
8. Honour your civic duty as voters by going to the polls tomorrow to vote for the government of your choice, for the government that will lead Nigeria toward its finest destiny.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council (PCC) said that if President Muhammadu Buhari loses on Saturday, February 23, he would congratulate anybody who emerges as winner in a free, fair and credible polls.
The campaign council also said that the president would thank Nigerians for the support given and for coming out to vote in the election.
The deputy director general of PCC, Waziri Bulama, who stated this, however, said that the campaign council had carried out an extensive campaign and there was no how APC would lose the election, adding that Nigerians would keep fate with the president and with APC in the election.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Bulama said it is pertinent for the campaign council to thank the APC supporters and volunteers who carried out the campaign free of violence.
He said minimal or insignificant violence was recorded with APC supporters, adding that this was possible because of the charge given to them by the president on the campaign council inauguration day that he would not accept a violent campaign.
Kano man who earns 10k weekly vows to vote for Buhari | - on Legit TV