- Nigerian clerics have begun a 30-day prayer and deliverance session for former president Obasanjo
- The clerics also urged Nigerians to pray for the "troubled soul of Obasanjo and as well tell God to chase away the demons tormenting him"
- According to these clerics, it is important to pray that God should not judge Nigeria based on Chief Obasanjo’s sins
Some clerics across Nigeria have declared a 30-day deliverance session for former president Olusegun Obasanjo.
The clerics under the aegis of the National Inter-Faith and Religious Organisation for Peace said Obasanjo's problem is beyond ordinary, hence, the call for prayer.
Members of the group led by their president, Musa Garba, during a a press conference in Abuja on Tuesday, January 22, said no normal human being would make the kind of statements credited to Obasanjo against President Muhammadu Buhari.
Speaking at the conference, Garba said during the 30-days fasting period, Nigerians should pray for the "troubled soul of Obasanjo and as well tell God to chase away the demons tormenting him."
Garba said recognition of the fact that there is nothing prayers cannot solve, they are appealing to Nigerians to join in the 30-day prayer to seek God’s intervention for the deliverance of Obasanjo.
READ ALSO: Breaking: NLC rejects N27,000 minimum wage
He said those who feel inclined or led can add fasting as they intercede on behalf of the former leader.
Garba said: "As a guide, the 30-day prayers begins tonight and those willing to participate can do so from their homes. Those who are led to congregate in groups are welcome to do so. We have the following prayer points:
- That God should forgive Dr. Olusegun Obasanjo of all his sins against himself, his family, his neighbours and associates, Nigeria and humanity.
- That God should banish the demons that have taken over Dr. Olusegun Obasanjo’s body, reasoning faculty and personality.
- That God should guide Dr Obasanjo not reject the timely help being offered him to reject his occult connections.
- That God should bring peace to Dr. Obasanjo’s troubled soul.
- That God should not judge Nigeria based on Chief Obasanjo’s sins.
- That God should severe, terminate and expunge all occult covenants that Onbasanjo signed Nigeria into during his tenure.
- That God should save Nigeria from Dr. Olusegun Obasanjo’s machinations while he remains under the influence of the occult."
Garba also extended an invitation to many Nigerians whom the former president may have offended in and out of power to please forgive him so that his life can get back on track and become free of the darkness that is tormenting him.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news updates
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that Obasanjo had alleged that leaders of the ruling All Progressives Congress will be thrown into hell fire if their records are examined.
The former president said this in an interview with BBC Yoruba.
Obasanjo also criticised President Buhari for allegedly placing ethnic considerations above nationalism and merits in his appointments.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better. Obasanjo bombs Buhari again, says FG is empowering Boko Haram | Legit TV