Following the sack of Lawal Daura as director general of the Department of State Services (DSS) by President Muhammadu Buhari, another DG has been appointed by the president in the person of Yusuf Magaji Bichi.
His appointment takes effect from Friday, September 14. He is to take over from Matthew Seiyeifa, who replaced sacked Lawal Daura.
Legit.ng brings you 7 facts you should know about the new DSS boss. Below are the 7 facts you should know about him:
1. Yusuf Magaji Bichi attended Danbatta Secondary School, Kano State College of Advanced Studies.
2. He also attended Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria where he graduated with a degree in Political Science.
3. Bichi began his career in the security division of the Cabinet Office in Kano, from where he joined the defunct Nigerian Security Organisation (NSO).
4. He went for training on intelligence processing analysis, agent handling recruitment and intelligence processing in the UK.
5. He also went for strategic training at the National Defence College.
6. Bichi has worked as the state director of Security in Jigawa, Niger, Sokoto and Abia states.
He was at various times the director, National Assembly Liaison (National War College), director at national headquarters in the Directorate of Security Enforcement, Directorate of Operations, Directorate of Intelligence, Directorate of Inspection and Directorate of Administration and Finance.
7. The new DG also served as director at State Service Academy and director, Resource Development Centre, Bauchi 2014.
Legit.ng previously reported that President Muhammadu Buhari, on Thursday, September 13, named Yusuf Magaji Bichi as the new director general of the Department of State Services (DSS).
Also previously reported by Legit.ng was that President Muhammadu Buhari’s removal of Matthew Seiyefa as the acting director-general of the Department of State Services (DSS), was condemned by some elders under the aegis of the Southern and Middle Belt Forum.
In a statement released on Thursday, September 13, the elders accused the president of dividing Nigeria more than any other leader in the nation’s history.
DSS invade National Assembly - on Legit.ng TV