Military appoints new 'Operation Safe Haven' commander in Jos

Military appoints new 'Operation Safe Haven' commander in Jos

- A new commander for the 'Operation Safe Haven' has been appointed

- Major General Chukwudi Agundu's appointment was approved by the chief of defence staff

- He will take over from Anthony Atolagbe, a major general who has now being deployed to Defence Headquarters

The Defence Headquarters on Monday, July 23, approved the appointment of a new commander for the Operation Safe Haven in Jos, Plateau state.

The chief of defence staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin, approved the appointment of Chukwudi Agundu, a major general as the new commander of the operation.

A statement by the acting director of defence information, Brigadier General John Agim, said Agundu will be taking over from Anthony Atolagbe, a major general who has now being deployed to Defence Headquarters and appointed director of Campaign Planning.

READ ALSO: Senate shuts down as Saraki, Ekweremadu’s homes remain under siege

Agim said: "The posting which takes immediate effect is in order to reinvigorate Operation Safe Haven to meet contemporary challenges."

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the Nigerian Army was set to deploy soldiers to Benue state after continued conflicts between herdsmen and farmers in the state.

The troops' deployment would be aimed at securing lives and properties in the state against any form of resistance to the anti-grazing law by suspected militant herdsmen.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Also the president general of the Mdzough U Tiv, Chief Edward Ujege who spoke on behalf of the three socio-cultural groups said the army chief promised that troops would be on standby to assist the police in case of an invasion.

Southern Kaduna killings: part 1 on Legit.ng TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel