Brewery industry in Nigeria. Some of these prestigious companies have been operating since the 1940's with different products. Read on to find out the history of these companies, their features, and see the overview of the products.
The list of Nigerian breweries
READ ALSO: Top manufacturing industries in Nigeria
This is the first Craft Brewery of the country, and crowdfunded brewery on the territory of West Africa. The brewery is situated in Abuja, it was opened in 2017. Some experts say that this company is a new level in the brewery industry in Nigeria. The main products are high-quality ales and stouts.
The list of products contains:
- Pale Ale
This is Grapefruit Pale Ale with ABV - 4.2%
- The first lady Ipa
Experimental recipe of Ipa with ABV - 5.0%
- Founders Pale Ale
A significant drink, a visiting card of the company with ABV- 5.8%
- Black Gold
Brewed with Nigerian coffee and malts, this is a strong, delicious, unique stout with ABV- 10%.
The installed capacity of the company is 25,000 liters per year.
One of the oldest brewery companies in Nigeria, it was established in 1950 in Ikeja, Lagos. It should be said that that the company provides scholarship, medical service, and water supply in rural regions from Northern to Southern Nigeria. See Top 10 enterpreneurs in Nigeria.
The list of products:
- Foreign Extra Stout (1962), ABV -7.5%
- Harp Lager Beer (1974), ABV - 5.15%
- Guinness Extra Smooth (2005) ABV - 6%
- Satzenbrau (November 2006)
- Harp Lime (2012)
- Armstrong Black Lager
- Dubic Extra Lager (2012) ABV - 5%
- Smirnoff Ice (2006) ABV- 3%
- SNAPP (2012) ABV - 5%
- Orijin (2013) ABV- 6%
The popular malta (soft drink) drink range includes:
- Malta Guinness (1990)
- Malta Guinness Low Sugar ( 2012)
Intafact Beverages Limited
The company was founded in 1971 in Onitsha, Nigeria. In 2014 the capacity was raised from 700 000 to 2.1 million hectolitres. The main products of the company:
- Hero Lager
- Castle Milk Stout ABV - 6%
- Grand Malt (non-alcoholic)
- Beta Malt (non-alcoholic)
International Breweries Plc
This company began production in 1978 in Ilesa city.
- Trophy lager (1978), a pale lager
- Betamalt (1988), a non-alcoholic malt drink
- Trophy Black (2013), a dark lager
Mopa Breweries, Ltd.
Another important company of brewery in Nigeria. It was founded in Mopa city, Kogi State in 1980. In 2005, the company was bought by Canadian company Alexus-NextGen.
The company produces:
- One Lager
- Lion Stout (lager)
- Non-alcoholic malt beverages
This is known as the largest and the oldest Nigerian breweries, it was founded in 1946.
The list of products:
- Star Lager (1949) Pale Lager
- Gulder lager beer (1970) Pale Lager
- Legend Extra Stout (1992) ABV - 7.5%
- Heineken Lager (1998) Premium Lager
- Goldberg Lager (2011)
- Life Continental Lager (2011)
- Star Lite Lager (2014) Pale Lager
- Ace Passion Apple Spark (2014)
- 33 Export Lager (2015)
- Williams Dark Ale (2015)
- Turbo King Stout (2015)
- More Lager (2015)
- Breezer (2015)
- Ace Roots (2015)
- Star Radler (2015)
- Ace Rhythm (2015)
- Star TripleX (2015)
- Strongbow Cider (2015)
- Alcohol-free drinks
- Maltina (1976)
- Pineapple; Maltina Sip-it (2005)
- Amstel Malta (1994)
- Fayrouz, in pear, pineapple and exotic flavor (2006)
- Climax Energy drink
- Malta Gold (2011)
- Himalt (2015)
- Maltex (2015)
Here is the list of Nigerian breweries products and manufacturers. The industry is developing, so we wait for new significant members in the market.
READ ALSO: Top manufacturing companies in Nigeria
Source: List of beers and breweries in Nigeria