Studying at the McGill University is a great success because not everyone can get there easily. One of the most prestigious universities in the world, the oldest and most famous university in Canada, it’s a great start in the career of a young person. Now, let’s see how much it costs to be a McGill student.
McGill University graduate programs for international students
The doors of the McGill University located in the Canadian city of Quebec are open for everybody who wants to enter the university and give all their efforts to become eligible. The university has 11 faculties and offers about 300 programs for studying. Every year, it hosts about 33,000 of students.
READ ALSO: UNILAG invents new method for diagnosing malaria
The university has given the world many famous scientists and winners of the Nobel Prize, politicians and researchers. This is why it’s so prestigious to become a part of this great educational facility and join one of its programs.
As soon as the university has plenty of programs for graduate students, there’s no use naming all of them here. If you are still uncertain about the course you would like to undertake, you can always turn to the official website of the university and check out the e-calendar they have there. The calendar will show you all the available courses and some brief details on each of them.
McGill University graduate fees for students
Now, let’s get down to the course fees and the factors that determine them. You need to know that students who are involved in graduate programs pay their tuition fees in accordance with their status, i.e. either on a per credit basis or on a flat rate basis. Full-time studying quotes in 15 credits while half-time – in 7.5.
If you visit the website of the university, you will see quite clear McGill University tuition tables and rates. However, what for would you need all of them if the only one that makes sense for you is the table for international students. Well, here it is.
International students who are willing to study and receive a Master’s degree will pay the following:
- $8,186.70 – for the full-time residency term
- $4,093.35 – for the half-time residency term
- $545,78 – for the tuition per credit (based on the Quebec rate, which is $79.70 + $466.08 of the international supplements)
- $723.49 – for the additional session
- $1,085.23 – for the non-thesis extension
The thesis evaluation term is free of charge.
International students who are willing to study and receive a PhD degree will pay the following:
- $7,348.35 – for the full-time residency term
- $3,674.18 – for the half-time residency term
- $723.49 – for the additional session
There’s no tuition per credit, no non-thesis extension, and the thesis evaluation period is also free of charge for these students.
There are several additional fees for graduate programs that need to be mentioned here.
- The Master’s degree in business administration. When the summer comes, students don’t pay for the tuition but pay administrative fees that will be calculated respectively with the number of credits they have taken
- The IMPM – health sector. $1,066.67 per credit (tuition) and administrative fees in accordance with the number of the taken credits
- MMM – finance. $1,050 per credit (tuition) and administrative fees in accordance with the number of the taken credits
In addition to this, there are some compulsory fees, which should be paid for by graduate students on a per term basis.
- Registration: $ 118.80 for full-time residency, $59.40 for half-time residency, and $79.20 for the additional session
- Information technology: $115.95 for full-time residency, $57.98 for half-time residency, and $77.30 for the additional session
- Transcript and Diploma charge: $21.15 for full-time residency, $10.58 for half-time residency, and $14.10 for the additional session
- Copyright: $13.65 for full-time residency, $6.83 for half-time residency
- General administrative charge: $33,09 for all registered students (during the thesis evaluation and additional session term this fee will make $15.54)
- Health insurance: $331 for all the newcomers
It’s clear that the number of necessary payments and fees can confuse everybody. This is why you can take advantage of a program fee calculator. It’s located on the official website of the university and it’s designed especially to help people calculate their expenses correctly.
The calculator is super simple. You just need to choose where you are from, the course you would like to study, and the program will calculate the necessary amount for you and show you the page that refers to your request.
Now, when you have practically all the necessary information on the McGill University graduate studies and fees, you can easily calculate your expenses. However, if you still have questions about other details, you should feel free to contact the chosen department directly and specify the matters with them.
READ ALSO: Bells University school fees