The federal government will be launching an information dissemination application soon. This app will bridge the information gap between the government and the people. It help Nigerians know what the government is doing real time.
This was disclosed by the minister of information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, in Abuja on Thursday, December 8, at a meeting with Resident Information Officers (RIOs) in the ministry.
Mohammed said workshops would be organized by the government, starting with 25 to 30 key ministries and agencies before others are brought in.
Though some are calling it the Buhari mobile app, report has it that it would be called the Federal Government Information App (FGIAPP).
READ ALSO: I don’t accept gifts - Aisha Buhari
Here are things you need to know about the app.
1. This new app will be launched on December 15 in Abuja.
2. This unique app will put an end to the misrepresentation and dissemination of falsehood on activities the Buhari-led government.
3. It will help Nigerians monitor the activities of the present government led by President Muhammadu Buhari.
4. With this app, you can get to know what is happening in Nigeria from anywhere in the world.
5. This information dissemination app was developed by Olawole Falope.
READ ALSO: TOP 8 takeways from Femi Adesina's interview
6. The Resident Information Officers (RIOs) from ministries, departments and agencies would be the one that would feed the app with stories.
7. This new app will go on hand held devices.
8. It would function 24/7 all year round.
While addressing the staff of the Nigerian Embassy in Abu Dhabi on Monday, December 5, the minister had said some corrupt people were trying hard to spoil the good work Buhari is doing. He noted that the government was determined to rid the country of corruption.
The question on the lips of most Nigerians is will this app get Nigeria out of recession?