The ruling party All Progressives Congress (APC) on Thursday, Decmber 1, announced Bolaji Abdullahi, as its new national publicity secretary.
Abdullahi succeeds Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who was sworn in as the Minister of Information and Culture in 2015.
The new national publicity secretary was unveiled at a mini convention at Chelsea Hotel in Abuja. He is from Kwara state just like the minister of information. Mohammed.
Legit.ng brings you 9 facts about the new spokesperson for the ruling party:
1. Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi was born in 1969.
2. He attended the University of Lagos, Akoka-Lagos where he graduated with a B.Sc. Second Class Upper degree, in Mass Communication.
3. Mallam Abdullahi started his working career as a volunteer and part-time worker in civil society organizations and international agencies before joining ThisDay newspapers as a reporter in 1997.
4. He returned to ThisDay in 2000 as the Deputy Editor of ThisDay , and become the Deputy Editor of ThisDay a year later.
5. In 2001, he won the British Council Chevening Scholarship to study for a postgraduate programme in Governance and Development at the prestigious Institute of Development Studies (IDS), University of Sussex, in the United Kingdom where he bagged a Masters Degree with Distinction in 2002.
6. In 2003, he was appointed as the Special Assistant, Communication and Strategy to the Executive Governor of Kwara State, Dr Bukola Saraki, and in 2005, he was appointed Special Adviser on Policy and Strategy to the Governor.
READ ALSO: Prof Akinwande rejects Buhari's offer again
7. In April 2007 he was appointed as the Commissioner of Education, Science and Technology, a position he held until May 2011.
8. Mallam Abdullahi was appointed as the Minister of Youth Development by former president Goodluck Jonathan, in July 2011.
9. Mallam Abdullahi has written over 1000 newspaper articles. He authored the Nigeria country report for the Transparency International’s Global Corruption Report, 2003.