- Donny van de Beek has endured a disappointing spell at Man United since making a £40million transfer switch from Ajax
- The midfielder managed just three Premier League starts during the 2020/21 campaign, and 36 appearances across competitions
- Despite playing an influential role during his time at Ajax, Van de Beek has found it difficult to break into Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team setup
- According to Rafael van der Vaart, his fellow countryman has no future at Old Trafford and should seek a move away
- The ex-footballer suggested it will be even harder for Van de Beek to get a starting role should no one leave Man United this summer
Former Tottenham Hotspur star Rafael van der Vaart has advised Man United outcast Donny van de Beek to leave Old Trafford this summer.
Van de Beek has found game time hard to come by under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer since his much-publicised £40million transfer to Man United last summer from boyhood club, Ajax.
The midfielder was a mainstay at Ajax, managing an impressive 175 matches for the Dutch side during his senior appearance for the club.
The 24-year-old played an integral role in Ajax's recent success, helping them win the Eredivisie as well reaching the Champions League semi-final in 2019.
However, he has been unable to nail a starting role at the Theatre of Dreams, starting just four Premier League matches for United during the just-concluded season.
The Dutchman did manage 36 appearances across competitions, scoring just one goal.
Van der Vaart, a former Ajax player has now expressed fear Van de Beek has a future at Old Trafford, urging his fellow countryman to find a different club to join this summer.
Van der Vaart noted the ex-Ajax ace will find it hard to break into United's starting XI should no one leave during this transfer window.
"He fits perfectly into the Ajax system, but he doesn’t fit at Manchester United. If nobody leaves United [this summer], he will be lucky to get in the starting line-up," the ex-Netherlands international told ESPN.
"He is far too good to sit on the bench for two seasons. He needs minutes very quickly. He is still young, but time flies," he added.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Edison Cavani and partner Jocelyn Burgardt are expecting their second child and want to name him Silvestre, The Sun.
The Uruguay international had two boys Bautista and Lucas from his relationship with former wife and childhood sweetheart Maria Soledad Cabris.
However, the ex-PSG star will be a father for the fourth time and his second together with Burgardt as their first daughter recently clocked two last month.