2023 Governorship Election Results: Updated Full List of States Won by APC, PDP, NNPP and Labour Party
The All Progressives Congress (APC) retains the majority of states in the 2023 governorship elections, even after declaring the winners of the remaining two states (Adamawa and Kebbi), where the polls had earlier been declared inconclusive.
Here is a list of states won by the All Progressives Congress (APC), the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP), and the Labour Party (LP) in the just concluded 2023 governorship elections.
States won by the APC:
- Yobe state (Governor Mai Mala Buni)
- Ogun state (Governor Dapo Abiodun)
- Gombe state (Governor Muhammad Inuwa Yahaya)
- Jigawa state (Umar Namadi)
- Kwara state (Governor AbdulRazaq AbdulRahman)
- Lagos state (Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu)
- Sokoto state (Aliyu Ahmed)
- Nasarawa state (Governor Abdullahi Sule)
- Katsina state (Dikko Rada)
- Kaduna state (Uba Sani)
- Benue state (Rev Fr Hyacinth Alia)
- Borno state (Babagana Zulum)
- Ebonyi state (Francis Nwifuru)
- Cross River state (Bassey Otu)
- Niger state (Umar Bago)
- Kebbi state (Nasiru Idris)
PAY ATTENTION: Follow us on Instagram - get the most important news directly in your favourite app!
States won by the PDP:
- Akwa Ibom state (Umo Eno)
- Oyo state (Seyi Makinde)
- Bauchi state (Bala Mohammed)
- Rivers state (Sim Fubara)
- Taraba state (Kefas Agbu)
- Zamfara state (Dauda Lawal)
- Delta state (Sheriff Oborevwori)
- Plateau state (Caleb Mutfwang)
- Enugu state (Peter Mbah)
- Adamawa state (Ahmadu Fintiri)
State won by NNPP:
- Kano state (Abba Kabir Yusuf)
State won by Labour Party:
- Abia state (Alex Otti)
Recall that the 2023 governorship elections were held in only 28 states. The governorship election did not hold in eight states because the guber elections in the affected states are held off-cycle and not during the general election.
Off-cycle elections: APC submits list of candidates for Imo, Bayelsa, Kogi governorship polls
In another report, the APC has submitted its list of flagbearers for the off-cycle 2023 gubernatorial polls in Bayelsa, Kogi, and Imo states to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
The list was submitted to the electoral commission on Monday, April 17, as part of the guidelines in the build-up to the election.
The list contained the name of Governor Hope Uzodimma of Imo state, who won the primary election in a landslide fashion and two other candidates.