- Peter Obi, former governor of Anambra, has declared his intention to contest the presidency in the 2023 general election
- He said, if given the opportunity, he will unite Nigeria and ensure steady inflow of investments into the country
- Going further, he added that what Nigeria needs are people with capacity, competence and willingness to manage the country’s resources efficiently
Peter Obi's declaration that he wants to contest the presidency in the 2023 general election has gone well with many Nigerians.
The former governor of Anambra who announced his decision on Thursday, March 24 at a meeting with traditional rulers in Awka, the Anambra capital made some bold statements that excite Nigerians.
Legit.ng in this report lists the main things said by the aspirant.
1. We are too divided. I believe that the government I will lead will unite Nigeria. We need unity and peace for the progress of the country. I believe in Nigeria.
PAY ATTENTION: Subscribe to Digital Talk newsletter to receive must-know business stories and succeed BIG!
2. I will move Nigeria from a consuming nation to a productive nation. As a Nigerian, I want all parts of the country to be secured.
3. I'm not aspiring for a political position, but to serve the country.
4. What Nigeria needs are people with capacity, competence and willingness to manage the country’s resources efficiently.
2023: Tambuwal speaks on PDP southern presidential zoning
Sokoto state governor, Aminu Tambuwal has given his opinion on the south-south presidential zoning of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
It was reported that the former speaker of the House of Representatives disclosed that he was not against the agenda of a southern candidate for the top seat in Aso Rock.
He made this disclosure in Minna on Wednesday, March 23 at the residence of the former head of state, General Abdulsalami Abubakar (retd.), Legit.ng gathered.
APC convention: Buhari battles last-minute crisis, summons governors as chairmanship aspirants fail to agree
2023: Peter Obi makes crucial remark after surprise appearance at Atiku presidential declaration event
The presence of Peter Obi, a former governor of Anambra at the occasion of Atiku Abubakar's presidential declaration in Abuja on Wednesday, March 23, was a surprise to a lot of attendees.
But speaking with journalists at the event, the former vice presidential candidate who was a running mate to Atiku noted that politics is a relationship, not war, Channels TV reports.
Obi noted that he was at the event because Atiku invited him, an honour he cannot turn down following a very cordial relationship.