The federal government has given details of the alleged crimes of Nnmadi Kanu and the proscribed Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB).
According to attorney-general of the federation, Abubakar Malami, at a press conference on Friday, October 22, IPOB attacked some government facilities.
Here is the list of what they did in conjunction with Nnamdi Kanu, according to the federal government
1. The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) attacked 164 police stations in the south-east.
2. The group also killed 175 security operative - 128 policemen, 37 military personnel 10 other security operatives.
PAY ATTENTION: Subscribe to Digital Talk newsletter to receive must-know business stories and succeed BIG!
3. Nnamdi Kanu seized the 2020 EndSARS protests and directed attacks on security personnel and facilities.
4. IPOB/ESN carried out massive attacks on democratic institutions especially INEC facilities with a view to hampering democratic process in Nigeria.
5. Killing of prominent Nigerians, traditional leaders as well as the killings of Chike Akunyili and eight others and the killing of Alhaji Ahmed Gulak on May 30.
Thugs attack Sowore
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that prior to the commencement of Nnamdi Kanu's trial at the Federal High Court in Abuja, there was mayhem at the venue following the activities of some hoodlums on Thursday, October 21.
This started when the publisher of Sahara Reporters, Omoyele Sowore, tried to gain access into the court chamber where the trial is to be held.
While Sowore was discussing with security agents at the entrance, he was attacked by at least 20 thugs who rough-handled him and left the scene.
The ugly development caused serious tension and confusion as those who witnessed this expressed anger over the fact that the hoodlums had free access to Sowore.