Powerful Governor Speaks on Becoming Tinubu’s Running Mate
- Governor Lalong has refuted report that he has abandoned his state in quest to become vice president to Bola Tinubu
- According to the Plateau state governor, the report is the perfect case study for fake news, sponsored hatchet job
- Going further, the governor who listed his itinerary revealed that he has not been to Lagos in recent times
PAY ATTENTION: You can save a live of girl at risk. Donate to Legit Charity on Patreon. Your support matters!
The Plateau state government has reacted to report that the state governor has abandoned governance while pursuing vice presidential candidate ambition.
According to the state government, the report published by a news medium titled: “How Governor Lalong Abandoned Plateau For Lagos, Desperately Lobbying, Squandering State Resources To Become Tinubu’s Running Mate – Sources” is a fabrication.
The government in a statement published by PM News said:
"This report which is the perfect case study for fake news, yellow journalism, sponsored hatchet job, and irresponsible reporting totally does not deserve a response, but for the sake of saving right thinking members of society from being misled by this horrible product that is an epic case in abuse of the noble journalism profession.
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
"The story is anchored completely on a fanthom “anonymous source” that provided wonderfully packaged fiction and lies claiming that Governor Simon Lalong abandoned Governance in Plateau State and relocated to Lagos in search of being nominated as Asiwaju Tinubu’s Running Mate. The “Source” also claimed that the Governor is spending billions of the State’s funds for the said endeavour.
"To put the records straight, Governor Lalong has not been to Lagos in the last couple of months. The last time he was in Lagos was during the inauguration of the Dangote Fertilizer Plant and the new Murtala Mohammed International Airport Terminal which was performed by President Muhammadu Buhari and attended by many Governors.
"We wonder where the so-called “source” got his imagination from about Governor Lalong relocating to Lagos but could not provide the date, time, mode of movement or address where he allegedly relocated to in Lagos. Of course he cannot provide such details because they do not exist even in his fictional contraption.
"We challenge the “Source” to come up with the details or at least show pictures of Governor Lalong in the “relocated” part of Lagos if he has any.
"On the contrary, we have many reports of official engagements of the Governor in Jos and Abuja where he performed his official duties that were widely reported by the media.
"The “source” who perhaps lives on another planet has either chosen to demonstrate total ignorance or go on with his mischief.
"We cite a few of Governor Lalong’s engagements after he returned from the APC Primaries in Abuja:
1. After a visit to the Villa to meet with Mr. President along with other Governors, the Governor was in Ekiti for the APC Governorship campaign rally.
2. The Governor attended the Combined Convocation of the Plateau State Polytechnic Barkin Ladi together with Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State.
3. Visited the Polo roundabout and the Vertinary Teaching Hospital of the University of Jos affected by tanker accident.
4. Attended Inter-denominational Church service to mark June 12 at EYN Church Jos.
5. Swore in 4 High Court Judges and 1 Khadi of Plateau State Judiciary.
6. Presided over State Executive Council Meeting where approval was given for completion of Legacy Projects
7. Attended the funeral of former Military Administrator of Plateau State Col. Musa Sheikh Shehu rtd. in Abuja.
PDP threatens mass action against prominent northern governor, gives reason
Recall that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Plateau state chapter, has threatened a mass action against Governor Simon Lalong for travelling too much and abandoning governance.
The opposition party in a statement on Friday, June 23, asked the governor to return to his duty post in three days' time or face the wrath of the people.
The statement which was signed by the party’s state publicity secretary, John Akans, maintained that the governor’s activities are at the detriment of the state and its people.