A suicide bomber suspected to be the member of the Boko Haram sect on January 29, Friday, has detonated a suicide vest at a crowded market in Gombi town in Adamawa state.
A security official in Gombi said a teen about 12 years old was suspected of having led the attack.
Daily Trust reports that a vigilante leader confirmed the incident saying that 20 people including the bomber died in the explosion.
The military authorities at the 23 Armoured Brigade in Yola was not directly available for comment.
The Northeast Information Officer of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) Abdulkadir Ibrahim, told reporters that eight people died while twenty-seven others sustained different degrees of injuries.
An eye witness said that he saw at least eight dead bodies, after the blast that happened at 12:00 GMT (13:00 local time).
Other residents in the area who spoke with newsmen said they saw mutilated bodies as they ran in panic, with traders abandoning their stalls.
Gombi was recaptured from Boko Haram in 2014 and since then, the terrorists have made several failed attempts to recapture the town from the Nigerian army.
Just before 2015 was over, President Muhammadu Buhari announced that he had succeeded in his pledge, claiming that Boko Haram is now "technically defeated".
However, despite successes, the sect is still far from being eliminated.