- A popular Lagos socialite identified as Kayode Badru has breathed his last after visiting a Celestial Church of Christ
- Kayode's body was said to have caught fire during a programme in which candles were lit all around him while he was soaked in perfume
- The deceased flew into the country from Dubai to attend the graduation of the 40 students he gave scholarships
Popular Lagos socialite Kayode Badru has died after being involved in a fire accident at a Celestial Church of Christ.
The deceased was said to have flown into the country from Dubai for the graduation of the 40 people he sponsored to Academy For Innovative Art And Technology (ACIATECH).
According to @naijaonthego on Instagram which broke the news of Kayode's death, the socialite was in the church for Isegun (Victory) programme.
He was said to have knelt down in the middle of the church with candle lit all around him while holding one candle.
@naijaonthego disclosed that perfume was poured on his body from head to toe. His body was said to have caught fire and he was rushed to the hospital at the Gbagada area of Lagos where he died.
The incident happened on Wednhesday, May 5.
Reacting to Kayode's death on Instagram, @aoafriq said:
"Candles and perfumes are common tools in Cele without fatalities, should we rule out foul play here."
"What happened to having fire extinguisher oh."
"Eleyi ga o, sometime last year a friend almost lost his child too with exact similar case in Ibadan ! Same celestial !"
"This is so sad."
They have brought Keke Marwa here: Reactions as Nigeria's famous tricycle is seen on Scotland street
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that Bolu Akin-Olugbade, a Nigerian billionaire businessman, died from COVID-19 complications.
The socialite died on Wednesday, January 13, at an isolation facility in Lagos.
Legit.ng gathers that the deceased was born on April 2, 1956, to the family of late Babatunde Akin-Olugbade, Balogun of Owu and a wealthy businessman.