- A Nigerian man has told a horrific story of his ordeal with Fulani kidnappers
- The man named Mark Emmanuel had embarked on a trip to Warri from Lagos on Friday, February 19
- His car was said to have been accosted by gun wielding Fulani man and what followed is a life-death 18-hour experience
A Nigerian man has given full account of how he survived a kidnap attempt by Fulani kidnappers.
In a lengthy thread he made on Twitter on Monday, April 5, the family man was full of praises to God for keeping him alive.
According to his account, he had embarked on a trip to Warri to get some household items in their former abode after his family relocated to Lagos.
Mark left Lagos for Warri in his private car on Friday, February 19 and had already got to the Benin bypass at 1.15pm when gun blazing Fulani attackers accosted his car and others that stopped in their tracks following the chaos the attackers had created.
His vehicle and wallet was ransacked after which he was taken into the thick forest.
What would follow was what the survivor aggregated into 18 hours of horrific encounter with the kidnappers.
They demanded a ransom of N50 million upon quizzing him and going through his phone.
Marred by poor network connections and his inability to provide the money at that time, they had decided to wasting him, he wrote.
He resorted to saying his last prayer when his escape attempt failed and still entreated God to spare his life.
Miraculously, the leader of the gang which surprisingly had a Urhobo man amongst them ordered his release.
Owerri prison break: Policeman laments losing his car in the attack, shares photos of his burnt avalon
He suffered injuries to the left arm and leg.
"Awesome testimony of God's mercy. I thank God for your life and for His preservation. Your body shall heal well and fast."
"Because of their menace on the road,I have resorted to using flights and spending more money,,,,May God save Nigerians!!!"
"I have never read a thread this long but we give all the glory to God."
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that another victim of Evans the kidnapper had narrated a very bitter experience.
The victim, who refused to mention his name said:
“I am yet to get over the shock of my kidnap. Honestly, I am afraid to talk about it because I believe a lot of his members are still walking free.
“The police have done well by arresting him but they should round up all his other gang members.
“I was detained for six months until my family paid the last dime demanded. I have been hiding since my release.
“I know the trauma Evans and his members put me through. Till this day, I get scared when his name is mentioned. It took me two months before I could sign my cheque..."