Former CBN Governor Soludo Finally Breaks Silence over Killing of His Police Orderlies

Former CBN Governor Soludo Finally Breaks Silence over Killing of His Police Orderlies

- Governor Charles Soludu has explained how he was attacked by suspected gunmen

- Three policemen attached to the former CBN governor were killed

- Soludo, however, said that he believes that the attack was politically motivated

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Charles Soludo, has reacted to the killing of three policemen guarding him.

The ugly incident happened on Wednesday, March 31, in his community, Isuofia, in Aguata local government area of Anambra state during a meeting with the youths of the community.

Former CBN Governor Soludo Finally Breaks Silence over Killing of His Police Aides
The former CBN governor, Charles Soludo revealed how he was attacked. Credit: @CCSoludo
Source: Facebook

Legit.ng gathered that while featuring on the Channels TV programme, Politics Today, on Thursday, April 1.

The Nation also reports that Soludo said he would not like to conclude the attack was ‘politically motivated.

He said:

“We were having an interactive town-hall meeting. We finished the diocesan crescent mass at about 2 pm, and by 4:00 pm, they scheduled an interactive town-hall meeting with the Isuofia youths.

Read also

Fish out perpetrators of Ebonyi massacre - Southeast senators tell IGP

“And by the way, Isofia happens to be my hometown. I’m a village boy; this is where I feel safest anywhere in the world. I walk the streets, I jog on the streets, I take long walks, I mean I’m everywhere as a village boy as it were.
“With this interactive session with over a thousand youths seated, and I was just making preliminary remarks to open up the interactive session with other dignitaries from the community, commissioners and members of the House of Assembly, former commissioners, former members of the house, and several other dignitaries were in attendance."

He said the DSS, police, army and civil defense were all in his house, adding that he was totally unhurt.

When asked if the attack was politically motivated to abduct or attack him, saying that he did not want to prejudge or preempt the investigation that is ongoing.

He said:

Read also

BREAKING: Tension, fear as gunfire is heard near Niger's presidential palace

“I think there are all kinds of theories as it were, I do not want to prejudge or preempt the investigation that is ongoing because I understand some persons have been apprehended and also providing useful information."

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the apex socio-cultural organisation in the southeastern part of the country, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has reacted to the recent attack on the former governor of the CBN Charles Soludo.

It was reported that Ohanaeze condemned the development in its entirety and noted that Soludo's ordeal brings the number of attacks on Igbos to 23 in less than a week.

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel