Tears as Suspected Herdsmen Kill 16 in Ebonyi, Governor Umahi Fumes

Tears as Suspected Herdsmen Kill 16 in Ebonyi, Governor Umahi Fumes

- Suspected herdsmen have sent no fewer than 16 persons to their early grave in Ebonyi state

- The sad incident happened on Monday, March 29, in Ishielu local government area of the state

- Governor David Umahi has vowed that those arrested in connection with the incident would remain in police custody

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

A report by The Punch indicates that suspected Fulani herdsmen invaded Obeagu community in the Ishielu local government area of Ebonyi state and killed 16 persons who were between the ages of 18 and 56.

Legit.ng gathered that the newspaper noted that about 10 motorcycles and a vehicle, whose owners were killed in the community, were set ablaze.

The report stated that one of the residents who escaped the onslaught, Ngozi Odoabuchi, described the incident as horrible.

Tears as suspected herdsmen kill 16 in Ebonyi, governor Umahi fumes
Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi state has vowed that all criminals would be flushed out of the state. Credit: @DaveUmahi
Source: Twitter

She reportedly said:

Read also

Some Nigerians are making money from insecurity, Rotimi Amaechi claims

“I went to Ishielu local government headquarters where I am working and after the close of work, I took a motorcycle popularly known as okada from Nkalagu to my community, Obeagu. It was around 4.30 pm. The okada man is from my community; so, he took me and one other person, a lady."

Vanguard also reports that following the unabated killings and destruction of properties in Effium and Ezza-Effium communities in Ohaukwu local government area of Ebonyi state, Governor David Umahi, on Tuesday, March 30, stressed that the people arrested in connection with the crisis would remain in detention until peace returns to the area.

Umahi, who stated this during the second round of the meeting which started on Monday, March 29, at the Christian Ecumenical Centre, Abakaliki, added that if the killings continued, his administration would charge those indicted for murder.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Read also

Killings: Governor David Umahi orders arrest of council boss, lawmaker

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that President Muhammadu Buhari said he would not sit and watch while bandits, kidnappers and their sponsors continue to cause mayhem in the country.

It was reported that the president has therefore ordered the service chiefs and other security and intelligence coordinators of the nation to mark and take them out.

The National Security Adviser (NSA), Major-General Babagana Monguno, disclosed this on Tuesday, March 30, after a security meeting, chaired by the Nigerian president in the State House, Abuja.

Source: Legit

Online view pixel