- Obafemi Martins is the 2nd richest Nigerian player at the moment according to a report
- The Wuhan Zall striker is reportedly worth ₦14 billion and just behind Mikel Obi
- With a net worth of about ₦23 billion, Mikel is currently the richest Nigerian footballer
Former Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi has been named the richest Nigerian footballer at the moment with a net worth of about ₦23 billion.
The 33-year-old who currently plays for English club Stoke City made most of his fortunes from football during his stint at Premier League club Chelsea.
Chelsea were granted a work permit for the midfielder after they completed the £16 million signing in June 2006 where he made 249 league appearances and getting a goal before he moved to Chinese club Tianjin TEDA in 2017.
Also on the list of richest Nigerian footballers currently is ₦14 billion worth Obafemi Martins who takes second position.
The 36-year-old currently plays for Chinese club Wuhan Zall as a striker and has so far scored one league goal since joining last year.
He also has a Mercedes Benz SLR Mc Laren, Mercedes Benz G-class, Lamborghini Aventador among others in his car garage.
Odion Ighalo is third on the list, with the former Shanghai Shenhua striker having a net worth of ₦12 billion.
The former Manchester United striker currently plays for Al Shabab of Saudi Arabia where he has scored 3 goals in 5 matches since he joined earlier this year.
Below are the top 10 richest Nigerian footballers in 2021 according to clacified.com
10. Alex Iwobi - ₦1.3 billion
9. Kelechi Iheanacho - ₦1.4 billion
8. Victor Anichebe - ₦6 billion
7. Emmanuel Emenike - ₦6.4 billion
6. Ahmed Musa - ₦6.5 billion
5. Chelsea's Victor Moses - ₦7.3 billion
4. Vincent Enyeama - ₦10 billion
3. Odion Jude Ighalo - ₦12 billion
2. Obafemi Akinwunmi Martins - ₦14 billion
1. John Obi Mikel - ₦23 billion
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that Obafemi Martin's comparison with Nigerian hip-hop artist Burna Boy is not ready to go away anytime soon as the fans appear to be taking over the battle.
The 29-year-old singer was said to have disrespected the former Super Eagles striker when they met at a popular club in Lagos.
This fracas has now degenerated into the wealth of both celebrities being valued on the pages of social media in a bid to determine who is superior.
Babajide is a digital publishing expert, an avid sports content thinker, researcher and writer. He is a graduate of Guidance and Counselling, having bagged his B.SC (ED) from the Ekiti State University. He can be reached on Twitter @JideOrevba