- Three politicians have been appointed as senior special assistants on entertainment to the governor of Kogi state
- The appointments were announced alongside other key appointments made by the governor
- The appointees are expected to oversee their respective senatorial districts in the north-central state
Alhaji Yahaya Bello, governor of Kogi state, has appointed three politicians as his senior special assistants on entertainment.
The appointment of the trio was contained in a statement released on behalf of the governor by his spokesman, Onogwu Muhammed, and seen by Legit.ng on Saturday, January 30.
According to the statement, the appointees are:
1. Juwon Olorunipa - senior special assistant to the governor on entertainment representing Kogi West senatorial district
2. Ismaila Abdulrahaman Obansa - senior special assistant to the governor on entertainment representing Kogi Central senatorial district and
3. Hassan Ibrahim - senior special assistant to the governor on entertainment representing Kogi East senatorial district.
Other appointments were also announced in the statement as a former All Progressives Congress (APC) chairman in the state, Alhaji Hadi Ametuo was appointed as Bello's special adviser on political matters.
The appointments are happening at a time supporters of the Kogi state governor have been calling on him to contest to get the APC presidential ticket in 2023.
To show their seriousness, the Speaker of Kogi state House of Assembly, Matthew Kolawole, and his colleagues recently kick-started a nationwide tour to convince their counterparts across the nation of the need to support Bello as the next president of Nigeria.
The lawmakers visited Benue state on Thursday, January 28 where they were received at the Government House, Makurdi by the deputy governor of Benue state, Benson Abounu.
Kolawole said they were in Makurdi to consult with and seek the support of the leadership of the Benue state House of Assembly for Governor Bello in the 2023 presidential election.
Recall that a political movement supporting Alhaji Yahaya Bello’s presidential ambition, PYB FRONTIERS recently called on Nigerians to rally round the governor to ensure that he succeeds President Muhammadu Buhari.
The leader of the group, Hans Mohammed in a statement sent to journalists on Tuesday, January 12 and seen by Legit.ng said the movement has commenced consultation activities that will ensure the governor emerges as the candidate of the ruling APC in 2023.
The group insisted that a Bello-led presidency would be an added advantage to Nigeria and its citizens, stressing that he would be able to build on the legacies of President Buhari.