Federal government to flag-off 774,000 jobs nationwide on January 5

Federal government to flag-off 774,000 jobs nationwide on January 5

- Arrangements for the special work programme designed to engage 774,000 Nigerians has been concluded after several postponements

- According to Festus Keyamo, the labour minister, President Muhammadu Buhari approved the commencement of the initiative

- The minister shedding more light on the programme noted that each worker will earn N20,000 monthly

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

The federal government has announced that it will commence the special job initiative which is designed to employ 774,000 Nigerians nationwide.

Legit.ng gathered that the minister of state for labour and employment, Festus Keyamo, made this known on Sunday, January 3, via his official Twitter handle.

He explained that President Muhammadu Buhari had approved the commencement of the initiative designed for artisans.

Federal government to flag-off 774,000 jobs nationwide on January 5
The labour minister, Festus Keyamo has announces January 5, as final take-off date for 774,000 jobs. Photo credit: @fkeyamo
Source: Twitter

According to Keyamo, the Special Public Works (SPW) programme to employ 1,000 Nigerians from each of the 774 local government areas in the country will commence Tuesday, January 5.

Read also

Lagos govt gives crucial update on the resumption of workers

The artisans will be employed to do public works for three months and get paid N20,000 monthly.

The minister went on to note that all state structures of the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) are already in top gear for the take-off ceremonies.

Legit.ng recalls that the 774,000 jobs scheme was earlier scheduled to kick-off on Thursday, October 1.

The initiative was hit by a slight setback as the federal government said the project will not take-off.

The Ministry of Labour and Employment under which the project is being coordinated has forwarded a request to the presidency for the extension of programme's kick-off date by 19 days.

Meanwhile, days after Buhari failed to appear before the House of Representatives to address lawmakers on issues bordering on insecurity, the nation's lower legislative body suspended the 774,000 jobs scheme.

The initiative which was coordinated by the ministry of labour and employment had been given the president's official go-ahead response.

Read also

Atiku hits Buhari again, says president's 'lazy leadership' brought woes to Nigerians

However, during its plenary on Tuesday, December 15, lawmakers agreed that the scheme be immediately put on hold.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

N-Power Project: I Graduated in 2005 and Have Been Unemployed Before N-Power Fixed Me Up Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel