NAF jet destroys new Boko Haram settlement in Borno

NAF jet destroys new Boko Haram settlement in Borno

- Nigerian security agents recorded a big win against Boko Haram fighters at Mana Waji area of Borno state

- NAF fighter jets and helicopter gunships dealt a heavy blow to the insurgents as they destroyed the sect's new settlement

- According to the report, the new settlement was being used to store their weapons and logistics items

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

A new Boko Haram settlement in Mana Waji in Borno state has been destroyed by the Air Task Force of Operation Lafiya Dole. Several insurgents were also neutralised during the operation.

According to a statement issued on Saturday, January 2, by the coordinator Defence Media Operations, Defence Headquarters, Major-General, John Enenche, the settlement came under heavy fire on January 1.

Enenche disclosed that the operation was carried out after aerial surveillance missions showed that the deadly set was storing their weapons and logistics items at the new settlement and also using it to plan and stage attacks.

Several Boko Haram insurgents killed as Nigerian Air Force bombs heart of Sambisa forest (video)

He said the insurgents were seen fleeing the location after they sighted the NAF aircraft.

NAF jet destroys new Boko Haram settlement in Borno

The air strikes were executed employing a force package of Nigerian Air Force fighter jets and helicopter gunships. Photo credit: Defence Headquarters Nigeria
Source: Facebook

The NAF operatives successfully destroyed the structures and logistics stores in the new location.

The statement posted on Facebook read in part:

Legit.ng had reported that Boko Haram insurgents did not have it easy the weekend of Christmas as troops of the Operation Lafiya Dole battled them for hours in Hawul local government area of Borno state.

Villagers had no choice but to flee to the mountains following the gun battle and they took refuge in the nearby bushes.

Communities in Hawul LGA in the southern portion of Borno had been attacked by Boko Haram insurgents on Saturday, December 26.

Taking action, the Air Task Force of Operation Lafiya Dole had scrambled fighter jets to engage the invaders.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Tale of tears: How 3 soldiers were killed, many injured by Boko Haram's explosive devices - Witness recounts

The insurgents were forced to flee following the airstrikes from the Nigerian Air Force.

The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, has promised terrorist groups attacking communities in Nigeria hell in the year 2021.

According to him, the Nigerian Army will shame and disgrace the Boko Haram and the Islamic States for West African Province (ISWAP) terrorists.

Buhari inducts combat helicopters to fight insurgency, says he won’t fail Nigerians | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel