EndSARS: I will never be part of any carnage, Tinubu finally reacts to Lekki shootings

EndSARS: I will never be part of any carnage, Tinubu finally reacts to Lekki shootings

- Bola Tinubu has reacted over the shooting of EndSARS protesters at Lekki tollgate

- No fewer than seven protesters were reportedly killed on Tuesday, October 20, by soldiers at Lekki

- Tinubu also denied having any sort of investment in the Lekki tollgate

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75,000 or N38,000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

Hours after the reported killing of some EndSARS protesters at Lekki tollgate, the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has denied having a hand in the ugly incident.

According to him, he would never be part of any carnage.

Legit.ng reports that Tinubu was reacting to the attack which saw security forces open fire on #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki tollgate area of Lagos state on Tuesday, October 20.

Speaking with Channels TV in a telephone interview on Wednesday, October 21, the former governor of Lagos state, condemned the action allegedly perpetrated by the Nigerian Army, saying, “Why will they use live bullets?"

Breaking: Governor Sanwo-Olu imposes 24-hour curfew on Lagos state after hoodlums' attack
EndSARS: I will never be part of any carnage, Tinubu finally reacts to Lekki shootings

The national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, fielding questions from the journalists. Credit: Twitter/Bola Tinubu.
Source: Twitter

The APC leader said:

“I will never, never be part of any carnage. I will never be part of that.”

Tinubu also denied having any investment in the Lekki Concession Company (LCC), the firm which manages the tollgate.

He also said he refuted the allegations and appealed to the youths, asking Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu to respond to the demands of the protesters.

Tinubu noted:

“That was why he (Sanwo-Olu) set up the Judicial Commission of Inquiry. The governor has gone to the home of one of the victims to appeal to them. He has put N200m together as part of restitution and compensation for those attacked.”

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the Lagos state police command banned all forms of EndSARS protests on Tuesday, October 20.

EndSARS: PTF to Nigerians, expect spikes in coronavirus infections

It was reported that the police public relations officer in the state, SP Oluwamuyiwa Adejobi, said that no protest or gathering or possession, under whatever guise, would be permitted within Lagos.

The command, therefore, informed all Lagosians that it is working with all security agencies that have already been to enforce the curfew and the ban on all protests.

What’s the best punishment for erring SARS officers? | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel