- There has been a tanker explosion on the Otedola Bridge in Lagos
- The fire outbreak started when a truck which had a brake failure on Saturday, October 17, collided with a tanker laden with petrol
- The tragedy has been confirmed by the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LSAEMA)
PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75,000 or N38,000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng
As if the EndSARS protest is not enough, two tankers laden with petrol exploded on the ill-fated Otedola Bridge for the umpteenth time in the early hours of Saturday, October 17.
The Nation reports that the tankers went aflame around 2am on Saturday, with no official figure of any casualty.
Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LSAEMA), however, revealed that it has made swift responses to distress calls from eyewitnesses at the scene.
LASEMA was reported to have said:
“The Agency has responded to the distress calls concerning a tanker on fire at Berger along the Lagos Ibadan Expressway.”
BREAKING: Thugs under guise of EndSARS protest shun curfew, raze FRSC, VIO offices, BRT terminal in Lagos
LASEMA also disclosed that a 40fit containerized truck loaded with fabric had a brake failure and collided with a tanker loaded with 33000 litres of fuel, causing a massive inferno.
Meanwhile, a lot of houses, shops and cars in Niger state went into flames in the night of Sunday, September 6, following a fire explosion from a tanker loaded with petrol.
A collision of the petrol-laden tanker and a trailer caused the inferno that led to the disaster. It was gathered that the tragic accident led to the destruction of properties before the intervention of the fire service from Suleja.
Speaking on the cause of the collision, the Federal Road Service Corps (FRSC) said the accident was the result of the loss of control on the part of the vehicles.
Before this, it was reported that there had been no case of Nigerian casualties in Beirut, Lebanon following the deadly explosion that occurred in the country, the federal government has said.
The ministry of foreign affairs, in a statement through its spokesperson, Ferdinand Nwonye on Monday, August 10, said the Nigerian embassy has confirmed that there had been no reported cases of Nigerian nationals among the dead so far.
Abule Ado fire: Lives lost, houses destroyed in Lagos explosion | Legit TV