- Samuel Kalu suffered a hamstring injury while on international assignment for Nigeria
- The winger only played 50 minutes in the 1-0 defeat to Algeria
- Bordeaux confirmed the news adding that they are unsure when he will return
French League giants Bordeaux have confirmed that Nigerian winger Samuel Kalu suffered a hamstring injury while on international duty for his national team.
The 23-year-old only lasted 50 minutes in the Super Eagles 1-0 defeat to Algeria in a friendly game and was replaced with Moses Simon over the weekend.
He was also missing from the team that played a 1-1 draw against the Carthage Eagles of Tunisia on Tuesday, October 13.
The forward has already scored twice in six Ligue 1 appearances so far this campaign but will miss his side's trip to Marseille this weekend. The club has now dropped a statement on that:
“The Nigerian international winger was injured in the last game of the Super Eagles. Our player suffered a torn hamstring in his left thigh. His downtime will depend on the progress of the injury.
Kalu also reiterated his commitment to his club despite attempts from Turkish Super Lig club Fenerbahce during the transfer window, he told AOI.
“There is really nothing much to say because they [Fenerbahce] first gave an offer of a loan deal but Bordeaux rejected it, saying I was an important player to the club and they can’t allow me to go on loan again.
“They came again with another offer for a loan and an option to buy at the end of the season but the club is yet to reply to them.
“I’m however ready to give my best to the club; if I will remain here I am 100% committed and won’t force a move away as it remains with the club to decide that.”
He was part of the Super Eagles team that finished third at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt and will be expected to play a key role for the West Africans as they hope to qualify for Cameroon 2022.
Legit.ng earlier reported that Nigerian forward Victor Moses is on course to join Spartak Moscow on loan this season despite the delays in his medical.
The 29-year-old was said to have agreed to a temporary move to the Turkish club following Inter Milan's failure to reach a new deal with Chelsea for the player.
Having spent the second half of last campaign under the tutelage of Antonio Conte, the Italian League side made attempts to re-sign the Super Eagles star but the deal failed to pull through.
We haven't gotten the houses FG promised us in 1994 - Siasia raises alarm | Legit TV