- INEC has so far announced results from 16 out of the 18 LGAs in the Ondo state governorship election
- Akeredolu of the APC won 14 while PDP's Jegede won in the remaining three LGAs
- The candidate of the ZLP, Ajayi, is yet to win any of the local governments
PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75,000 or N38,000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced the official results of 16 local government areas in the Ondo state governorship election.
Results are being collated from 3,009 polling units in the 203 wards of the 18 local government areas in the southwest state.
Out of the 16 LGAs announced so far, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Governor Rotimi Akeredolu won thirteen while the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Eyitayo Jegede won the remaining three.
A breakdown of the figures shows that the APC candidate is leading his closest rival, Jegede, with 59,171 votes.
The nine LGAs won by Akeredolu are:
1. Ile-Oluji/Oke-Igbo Local Government Area
2. Irele Local Government Area
3. Ondo East Local Government Area
4. Owo Local Government Area
5. Idanre Local Government Area
6. Akoko North-East Local Government Area
7. Akoko South-West Local Government Area
8. Akoko North-West Local Government Area
9. Akoko South-East Local Government Area
10. Ose Local Government Area
11. Okitipupa Local Government Area
12. Odigbo Local Government Area
13. Ondo West Local Government
The three LGAs so far won by Jegede are:
1. Akure North Local Government Area
2. Akure South Local Government Area
3. Ifedore Local Government Area
Legit.ng notes that the candidate of the ZLP, Ajayi, has not won in any of the local government areas announced so far.
Read the live updates of the results announcement here.
Meanwhile, a video that purportedly shows the wife of the Ondo state governor, Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, being attacked during voting has been described as fake.
The Ondo state First Lady told Channels TV on Saturday, October 10, that desperate politicians were behind the fake video.
She said they resorted to such desperate schemes because they are afraid that her husband is winning the Ondo governorship election.
I will conduct free and fair primaries in Ondo - Yahaya Bello | Legit TV