Royalty quotes are undoubtedly full of wisdom that may help one navigate through life. Everyone can stand to learn from these wise sayings, and if you would like to get some wisdom from them, here are some queen quotes to get you started.
Check out this wonderful collection of queen quotes.
Great queen quotes
Here is a wonderful compilation of queen quotes:
Queen Elizabeth 1 quotes
Check out these interesting Queen Elizabeth quotes uttered by the last of the five monarchs of the House of Tudor.
- I observe and remain silent.
- Life is for living and working at. If you find anything or anybody a bore, the fault is in yourself.
- I do not want a husband who honors me as a queen, if he does not love me as a woman.
- Though I am not imperial, and though Elizabeth may not deserve it, the Queen of England will easily deserve to have an emperor’s son to marry.
- I see, and say nothing.
I have more suitors after confessing my relationship with Apostle Suleman, Actress Chioma Ifemeludike
- In the end, this shall be for me sufficient, that a marble stone shall declare that a Queen, having reigned such a time, lived and died a virgin.
- There is no marvel in a woman learning to speak, but there would be in teaching her to hold her tongue.
- And therefore I am come amongst you at this time, not as for my recreation or sport, but being resolved, in the midst and heat of the battle, to live or die amongst you all; to lay down, for my God, and for my kingdom, and for my people, my honour and my blood, even the dust. I know I have but the body of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart of a king, and of a king of England, too.
- For I am soft and made of melting snow;
- My care is like my shadow in the sun, follows me flying, flies when I pursue it, stands and lies by me, doth what I have done.
- Men fight wars. Women win them.
- Anger makes dull men witty, but it keeps them poor.
- I do not so much rejoice that God hath made me to be a Queen, as to be a Queen over so thankful a people.
- I may not be a lion, but I am a lion's cub, and I have a lion's heart.
- The past can not be cured.
- Do not tell secrets to those whose faith and silence you have not already tested.
- I would rather be a beggar and single than a queen and married.
- There is only one Christ, Jesus, one faith. All else is a dispute over trifles.
- As for my own part I care not for death, for all men are mortal; and though I be a woman yet I have as good a courage answerable to my place as ever my father had. I am your anointed Queen. I will never be by violence constrained to do anything. I thank God I am indeed endowed with such qualities that if I were turned out of the realm in my petticoat I were able to live in any place in Christendom.
- I have the heart of a man, not a woman, and I am not afraid of anything.
- This is the Lord’s doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes.
- I will have but one mistress and no master.
Queen Elizabeth II quotes
Check out these Queen Elisabeth quotes uttered by the Queen of the United Kingdom:
- Therefore I am sure that this, my Coronation, is not the symbol of a power and a splendor that are gone but a declaration of our hopes for the future, and for the years I may, by God’s Grace and Mercy, be given to reign and serve you as your Queen.
- I have to be seen to be believed.
- I cannot lead you into battle. I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else – I can give my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations.
- Like all best families, we have our share of eccentricities, of impetuous and wayward youngsters and of family disagreements.
Queen Victoria quotes
Here are even more quotes by another royalty:
- Everybody grows but me.
- I feel sure that no girl would go to the altar if she knew all.
- Great events make me quiet and calm; it is only trifles that irritate my nerves.
- Being pregnant is an occupational hazard of being a wife
- We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist.
- The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them.
- A marriage is no amusement but a solemn act, and generally a sad one.
- I think people really marry far too much; it is such a lottery after all, and for a poor woman a very doubtful happiness.
- I don't dislike babies, though I think very young ones rather disgusting.
- An ugly baby is a very nasty object - and the prettiest is frightful.
Other queen quotes
Check out these awesome ones:
- I will do what queens do, I will rule. - Daenerys Targaryen
- I am a queen because I know how to govern myself. - Lailah Gifty Akita
- And whether consciously or not, you must be in many a heart enthroned: queens you must always be: queens to your lovers; queens to your husbands and sons; queens of higher mystery to the world beyond, which bows itself, and will forever bow, before the myrtle crown, and the stainless scepter of womanhood. - John Ruskin
- Every woman is a queen, and we all have different things to offer. - Queen Latifah
- People are like bees. They’re all workers who could be queens, with the right stuff, but once a queen-making has begun, it can’t be reversed. - Natasha Pulley
- Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness. - Oprah Winfrey
- Never did the world make a queen of a girl who hides in houses and dreams without traveling. - Roman Payne
- To be a queen of a household is a powerful thing. - Jill Scott
- You are a queen that demands respect and God will bring the right person into your life to make you forget why you ever wasted your time on nothing important. - Shannon L. Alder
- No Queen has clean hands. - George R.R. Martin
- I’d like to be a queen in people’s hearts but I don’t see myself being queen of this country. - Princess Diana
- Being the Queen is not all about singing, and being a diva is not all about singing. It has much to do with your service to people. And your social contributions to your community and your civic contributions as well. - Aretha Franklin
- I look those haters straight in the eye, keep my chin up and shoulders back. Because I know I’m a fierce queen – and they know it, too. - Alyssa Edwards
- It’s time for a queen to rise. - Laura Sebastian
- If only Queen Elizabeth II had the intellectual, political and linguistic skills of Queen Elizabeth I, many people would support giving her some of the powers of an elected president. - A. N. Wilson
- The Queen rarely loses her temper, but when she does, she brooks no argument. - Ingrid Seward
- The Queen is the only person who can put on a tiara with one hand, while walking down stairs. - Princess Margaret
- Always wear an internal crown and have a queendom mindset. A queen is a leader and role model. - Janna Cachola
King and queen quotes
Here are more royalty quotes about king and queens:
- I’ve always said, if you treat yourself like a queen, you’ll attract a king. - Pepa
- It’s like chess, you know. The Queen saves the King. - Terry Pratchett
- You are enough to drive a saint to madness or a king to his knees. - Grace Willows
- You better treat her like your queen, if you want to be treated like a king. - Moosa Rahat
- The least we each ought to do for someone who treats us like a king or a queen is to treat them like a prince or a princess. - Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- Once a king or queen of Narnia, always a king or queen of Narnia. - C.S. Lewis
- Why do the Gods make kings and queens if not to protect the ones who can’t protect themselves? - George R.R. Martin
- There’s no point in fighting for the throne if you’re not going to make a difference. - Rhiannon Thomas
- A King and Queen cannot support a crown with eyes looking down. Their universe expands as far as you can see. - T.F. Hodge
- In the games of queens and kings, we leave our dreams at the door and we make do with what we have. Sometimes if we’re fortunate, we still manage to have a good life. - Melina Marchetta
- Let the Queen do the fighting cos if you lose the King, you’ve lost everything. - Terry Pratchett
- The strength of a kingdom comes from its King, the strength of a King comes from his Queen. - Cody Edward Lee Miller
Which of these queen quotes do you like the most? Let us know in the comment section below.
READ ALSO: 30+ inspirational recovery quotes to encourage you on your journey
Legit.ng recently published a wonderful list of recovery quotes that will motivate you and remind you why you are on this journey in the first place.
The post contains some of the most uplifting recovery quotes ever uttered, plus some inspirational recovery slogans.