In the wake of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, Pride Magazine Nigeria is set to publish both a digital and a print edition titled “DIGITAL SPEAKS”. The edition celebrates the resilient nature of brands and individuals who have been able to adapt and thrive in the digital space.
The Digital Speaks edition would be unveiled at the much-anticipated Virtual Pride Women Conference. The conference was postponed in May due to the pandemic, and will now hold as a virtual event on Saturday, August 29, at 11 a.m.
The Digital Speaks edition has two separate covers ‘Digital Amazons’ and ‘Digital Titans’, celebrating both women and men shaping the tech space respectively.
The amazons gracing the female cover of the edition are:
· Ized Uanikhehi (Chief Marketing Officer, I Connect the Dots)
· Tosin Faniro-Dada (Head, Lagos Innovates)
· Omokehinde Thomas (Lead, The REDWOLF Company, Noah’s Ark Communications Digital Agency)
· Temitope Ooye (Lead Consultant, TMB Global Brands)
The Titans gracing the male cover of the edition are:
· Onyeka Akumah (Co-founder, Farmcrowdy),
· Adewale Yusuf (CEO, Techpoint Africa),
· Femi Bakre (CEO, Kraks Media),
· Kayode Abass (VP, Growth at StackFX).
The past months have been anything but normal, and the prevailing situation has accelerated not only our dependence on but our understanding of technology to cope in “the new normal”. The edition will thus provide readers with coping tools to help them understand as well as leverage what’s happening in the tech space to maintain their emotional well-being in these challenging times. It is for this reason that the publishers have chosen to unveil the edition at this year’s Virtual Pride Women Conference.
The theme of the 2020 Conference has changed, from “Women: Work, Relationship and Marriage – The Conversation Deepens” to “Maintaining Your Emotional Well-Being in Uncertain Times”.
The conference has a lineup of fantastic speakers. Ngover Ihyembe-Nwankwo (Corporate and Institutional Banker) will chair the event.
The facilitators who will be speaking at the conference are:
· Dr (Mrs) A. K. Oyekanmi (Consultant Psychiatrist)
· Mrs Angela Emuwa (Veteran in the Nigerian Journalism Industry)
· Fiona Weeks (Director of Digital Strategy, Ringier Africa Digital Publishing)
· Dr (Mrs) Grace Chita Okudo (Dermatologist and Venereologist)
· Stella Kivila (Founder and Lead Coach at Performance Point International),
· Mrs Phoebe Dami-Asolo (Brand Management and Marketing Professional)
· Dr Sunny Olukunle Phillips (Strategic Leadership Expert)
The speakers are expected to bring their various perspectives to help participants get a handle on their lives in a holistic manner.
Participants can confirm their participation by visiting www.prideconference.org to register for the event, as well as subscribe to the YouTube channel from which the conference would be streamed.