Coronavirus: Wike orders compulsory COVID-19 tests for workers

Coronavirus: Wike orders compulsory COVID-19 tests for workers

- Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike, has ordered all Government House staff to take COVID-19 test

- This was revealed in a statement by Paulinus Nsirim, the commissioner for information and communications

- Wike explained that his government is going to save as many Rivers state residents as possible

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook!

All the staff of Rivers state Government House have been directed by Governor Nyesom Wike to go for COVID-19 testing to know their status, The Nation reports.

Wike disclosed this in Port Harcourt, on Monday, June 29, while receiving the donation of three ambulances from a foundation to the state.

According to a statement by Paulinus Nsirim, the commissioner for information and communications, Wike said the directive was to let the people of Rivers know that this is not the kind of sickness to be ashamed of.

Alleged N2bn agric loan scam: Court restrains Ebonyi govt from probing former SSG

The south-south governor went on to note that despite the fact that the number will increase with the test, Rivers state government is willing to continue COVID-19 testing.

Coronavirus: Wike orders compulsory COVID-19 tests for workers

Governor Nyesom Wike
Source: Twitter

He also added that though they don't know who a carrier can be, his government is going to save as many as they can.

Wike said: “Nobody knows who you have shaken hands with. I’m sure, in Rivers state, we have lost not less than 38 lives on the record. I have given a directive that all staff of Government House must go for testing. Nobody knows who is a carrier and we must save everybody as much as we can.”

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that as coronavirus pandemic continues to ravage throughout the world, Nigeria's total infection rate has now exceeded more than 25,000.

Lagos governor reveals when schools will likely resume

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) confirmed the country recorded 566 new cases, bringing the total number of infections in the country to 25,133.

The federal health agency in a tweet on its official handle at 11:23 pm on Monday, June 29, disclosed that the disease spread across 20 states.

Lagos takes the lead once again with 166 cases as the state with the highest number of infections as Oyo and Delta come in second and third respectively with 66 and 53 cases each.

In other news, after three months of hues and cries, the federal government finally lifted the ban on interstate movement effective from Wednesday, July 1.

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) and chairman Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha, disclosed this during the daily media briefing in Abuja.

The national coordinator of PTF, Sani Aliyu, also added that only fifty percent of the passengers of the buses are allowed during travels.

Menstrual Day: FG launches sanitary pads distribution project for menstruating women, girls

Many Nigerians still don't believe Coronavirus exists - NOA DG | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel