- The Kaduna state government has shut down a private school for conducting entrance examination in violation of the COVID-19 guidelines
- The Future Leaders International School, Unguwar Rimi, Kaduna, was reportedly shut by the Kaduna state school quality assurance authority
- The agency stated that the school had reopened despite the directive mandating all schools to remain closed
The Kaduna state government has shut down a school for conducting entrance examination in violation of the COVID-19 guidelines.
The Future Leaders International School, Unguwar Rimi, Kaduna, was reportedly shut by the Kaduna state school quality assurance authority on Wednesday, June 10.
The agency stated that the school was shut for conducting entrance examination into Junior Secondary School I (JSS I) and Senior Secondary School I (SSI) for 70 pupils, The News Agency of Nigeria reports.
Ummah Ahmad, the head of the agency disclosed that in addition to being shut, the school’s license would also be revoked.
Ahmad pointed out that the school had reopened in violation of the federal government and state government directive which directed that all schools should remain closed.
Meanwhile, the Federal Capital Territorial Administration (FCTA) has described as fraud, the ongoing 2020/2021 sales of the School of Nursing, Gwagwalada, forms on the internet by some fraudsters.
The Nation reported that the acting director of the nursing department, Health and Human Services Secretariat (HHSS) of the FCTA, Leo Musa, stated this at a news conference on Friday, June 12, in Abuja.
Legit.ng gathered that Musa said the attention of the management of the department of nursing, HHSS, was drawn to the ongoing advert and sale of forms in various media on the internet.
She said that reports had been coming to the department from many people about the sales of this form, stressing that the school of nursing Gwagwalada has not started the sales of any form.
Musa noted that the school management attention was drawn to the fact that people have been going there to notify it of the form they have already bought.
She said that a letter to this effect has been forwarded to the permanent secretary, Federal Capital Territory through the acting secretary of the HHSS, Mohammed Kawu, to see what could be done on the issue.
She added that suggestions had also be given on the issue, for it to be handed to the security department to help trace the fraudsters, who were already using different accounts on the internet to defraud people.
In another report, the federal government has threatened to withdraw licenses of medical doctors who deliberately reject and turn back patients from their hospital without attending to them or offering necessary advice on what to do.
Nigerian Tribune reported that while describing it as unethical and unacceptable, the minister of health, Osagie Ehanire, on Thursday, June 11, said doctors who engage in such unprofessional conduct would be reported to the Nigeria Medical and Dental Council, and if found guilty would have their licenses withdrawn.
Still on health news, the Kaduna government on Tuesday, June 9, lifted the partial lockdown in the state.
This was announced by Governor Nasir El Rufai in a statewide broadcast on the next steps for the COVID-19 containment efforts by his administration.
Governor El Rufai announced that a significant reopening of the state will begin from Wednesday, June 10.
He said the following measures will be in place until Tuesday, June 30:
COVID-19: Parents speak on allowing their children return to school | Legit TV