Governor Zulum relocates office to prevent Boko Haram attacks

Governor Zulum relocates office to prevent Boko Haram attacks

- The governor of Borno state Babagana Zulum is setting up an outreach office in Auno village

- Zulum in a statement gave the order during his assessment of ongoing projects in the state

- The governor noted that the relocation to Auno is to attract increased security and rebuild public confidence

- PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

In order to prevent further Boko Haram attacks on Auno village, Borno state governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum is setting up an office in the community.

Legit.ng gathered that Zulum gave the order on Saturday, May 8, in Auno town during his assessment of ongoing projects.

The governor in a statement shared on his official social media pages noted that the community outreach office is to attract increased security and rebuild public confidence.

Zulum, who operates two offices at the Government House and the State’s Secretariat noted that he will be using the community outreach office from time to time.

As Kano cases hit 219, Ganduje sets up Covid-19 support group, launches mobile testing laboratory amid strange death

Auno, a small town in Konduga local government area of Borno state had been repeatedly attacked by Boko Haram insurgents.

As a result of the series of attacks on the town, many of its residents have continually fled into Maiduguri the state capital.

He said: "The new outreach at Auno will not be an office, it will be a place he will also be operating, for the purpose of having direct interactions with the residents at Auno, and nearby communities in Konduga and Kaga local government areas.

We have to take measures to secure Auno like we should do for all parts of the state. I am establishing a community outreach that will be used by me and I will be regular here.”

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lt Gen Tukur Buratai relocated fully to the northeast where he is overseeing and directing the overall operation in the theatre and other Nigerian Army operations across the country.

COVID-19: Fayemi announces immediate slash of salaries for all political appointees by half

This was revealed in a statement issued on Friday, April 10, by the acting director of Army public relations, Colonel Sagir Musa.

While addressing troops of Special Super Camp Ngamdu in Kaga local government area of Borno state on Thursday, April 9, Buratai said that he would be with them to the nooks and crannies of the theatre.

According to the statement, the COAS had been on operational tour to troops’ locations in the northeast Theatre of Operation since Saturday, April 4.

Similarly, President Muhammadu Buhari has said it is time to finish off the remnants of Boko Haram insurgents who are fleeing from the military offensive by Chadian forces in the Chad Basin region.

The president made the statement on Thursday, April 9, when the Borno state governor visited him at the state house.

The Borno state governor told journalists that he came to update the president about the security situation in the state.

Coronavirus: Rivers governor orders deportation of Almajiris, hints at total lockdown

Speaking on the outcome of the meeting he had with the president, Zulum said Buhari vowed to give the needed support to the Nigerian Armed Forces to complete the decimation of the fleeing terrorists.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel