Brooklyn Decker is a successful American supermodel who rose to fame modeling for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. Throughout her career in high fashion, she has featured on multiple publications. She has worked with top brands such as Victoria's Secret, GQ, and Esquire.
A highlight of her modeling career was in 2010 when she was the cover model of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. Her career in fashion modeling began in Charlotte, North Carolina while she was still in high school. She later moved to New York where she continued to gain popularity as a model.
Brooklyn later ventured into acting with notable success. The actress has featured on TV shows and big-screen films like Ugly Betty (2009) and Battleship (2012).
Who is Brooklyn Decker? What does she do? Here are all the top facts about the supermodel and actress.
- Name: Brooklyn Danielle Decker
- Date of birth: 12 April 1987
- Place of birth: Kettering, Ohio, USA
- Brooklyn Decker age: 33 years
- Occupation: Model and actress
- Spouse: Andy Roddick
- Brooklyn Decker height: 5 feet 9 inches
- Children: Hank Roddick, Stevie Roddick
- Zodiac sign: Aries
Brooklyn Decker was born in Kettering, Ohio to Tessa and Stephen Decker. Her mother Tessa worked as a nurse while her dad, Stephen, was a pacemaker salesman.
She is the eldest child and has only one sibling, Jordan Decker. The family first moved to Middletown, Ohio and later to a Charlotte suburb, Matthews, in North Carolina.
While living in Charlotte, Brooklyn attended David W. Butler High School. She started her modeling career at the age of 16, while still in high school. She also posed for prom dress designer Mauri Simone.
After developing her, Evolution Talent Agency forwarded her to fashion agencies in New York. Brooklyn Decker hot looks and talent got her some of the most coveted jobs in modeling.
Decker has enjoyed a diverse career. Over the years, she has worked as a model, actress and sports commentator.
After a successful start to her career, Brooklyn Decker decided to pursue her dreams in the Big Apple. While in New York, she had several bookings with notable publications including Teen Vogue, Elle Girl, and Seventeen.
In 2005, Brooklyn auditioned to model for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. She got the job and first appeared on the publication a year later.
She went on to feature on the publication for five consecutive years. Brooklyn was the model on the cover of the 2010 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
Appearing on the cover of SI elevated her popularity across the United States. David Letterman termed her achievement as the news of a lifetime.
Many of her fans would want to know Brooklyn Decker measurements. She weighs 53 kgs and measures 36-24-34 inches with a bra size of 36DD.
Decker won Esquire Magazine's Sexiest Woman Alive challenge in 2010. As a successful model, she came on board Germany's Next Topmodel as a guest judge. Her modeling career set the stage for her to transition into acting.
Acting career: Film
Brooklyn Decker movies have earned her considerable acknowledgement as an actress. Her first appearances came at around the same time as some of her earliest modeling projects.
Here are some of the movies she has starred in.
- 2006: Her debut acting role was in The Devil Wears Prada where she played a Paris model.
- 2009: Landed a role as an extra playing a woman walking by Ben (Michael Douglas) in Solitary Man.
- 2011: She played Palmer Dodge in Just Go with It.
- 2012: Played Sam, the daughter of a military man, in Battleship. She was also cast as Skylar Cooper in the hit comedy film What to Expect When You're Expecting.
- 2014: Played Candace in the movie Stretch.
- 2015: Starred alongside Guy Pearce and a star-studded cast in Results. She played Erin in the indie film.
- 2016: Played Lily in the romance film Lovesong alongside Riley Keough and Jena Malone. She was cast as Laura Leonard in Casual Encounters that same year.
- 2017: Featured in the comedy-drama Band Aid playing Candice.
- 2018: Brooklyn Decker starred in the comedy film Support the Girls alongside Regina Hall, Haley Lu Richardson, and James LeGros.
Acting career: Television
- 2009: Landed multiple roles the same year. She first featured as a job applicant at Chuck's place of work in Chuck in the episode titled Chuck Versus the Beefcake. Later on, she played Rachel Ryder in Royal Pains, a medical drama series. Finally, she played Lexie in the drama series Ugly Betty.
- 2012: She featured in The League as Gina Gibiatti in three episodes.
- 2013: Brooklyn was cast for a guest appearance in the New Girl episode 'Cooler', playing Holly.
- 2014: Playing Jules Talley, she starred in 13 episodes of Friends with Better Lives.
- 2015: Has a recurring role as Mallory Hanson on Grace and Frankie.
Decker has had several appearances on TV shows as herself. Notable appearances include Celebrity Family Feud, Match Game and Lip Sync Battle. Brooklyn Decker now continues her acting career on Grace and Frankie.
Brooklyn Decker awards
In 2011, she won the Choice Movie Breakout: Female Teen Choice Award. 8 years later, in 2019, she won the Rising Star Award at the Texas Film Awards.
Brooklyn Decker husband
Who is married to Brooklyn Decker? The model is married to an American tennis player, Andy Roddick.
In March 2008, the former world No. 1 professional tennis player announced on his website that he was officially engaged to Brooklyn Decker. A year later, the couple got married on 17 April 2009.
Brooklyn Decker kids
The actress has two young kids. The eldest is a son, Hank, born in 2015. The youngest Brooklyn Decker baby is daughter Stevie born in 2017.
Brooklyn Decker net worth
What is Brooklyn Decker's net worth? According to Celebrity Net Worth, Brooklyn Decker is worth $10 million. Aside from her fashion modeling career, Brooklyn Decker movies and TV shows have contributed a large part of this amount.
Decker is such an inspiration as she fully commits herself to everything she does. Brooklyn Decker is, without doubt, a wonder woman.