Having many friends is great until one of them shows their true colors and you realize that your friendship was never genuine. When trust is broken in this way, you will start wondering which of your close confidants is two-faced. These fake people quotes will inspire you to keep your circle small and avoid pretenders.
The thing about fake friends quotes is that they highlight which behaviors are common among two-faced acquaintances. Reading them will give you some hints on who you should avoid. They can also serve as a warning message.
When you post a fake friend quote, anyone who responds to it in a defensive manner might be guilty of doing something wrong behind your back. Betrayal comes from those you least expect, so you should take some inspiration from these quotes and create a smaller circle of confidantes.
Although you can choose your confidantes, you cannot choose your family. When you realize that a family member is being two-faced, you might not have the courage to confront him or her. These quotes will help you to relay your message in a clear way.
Emotional fake people quotes
Betrayal hurts even more when it comes from someone you thought of as a friend. You should confront them once you find out what they did. What do you say to fake friends? You can use these quotes about fake people to inform them that you know about their two-timing antics.
- Think twice about being nice in a world where everyone is wearing a mask on their face to fool you
- Real people never make false promises; when they say something, they mean it.
- Tough times always reveal the fake ones in your life because real friends are never seasonal
- Never fall for a deceptive smile, look past it to see someone’s true heart. That is where all the demons lie
- Stay away from fake folk; those that will never admit that they are wrong and will never say that they are sorry. Such human beings will always make you feel like everything is your fault but the truth is, they are the ones at fault.
- It is not about who is real to your face, it is more about who stays real behind your back.
- Smart individuals always have fewer friends than most people. Why? Because the smarter you are, the more selective you become about who you let into your circle
- Fake people have taught me to keep my private stuff private because not everyone needs to know everything about me
- When friends make you feel unwanted, do not leave to make them feel guilty. Leave because you have no reason to stay. Leave because what you gave them was more than what they were willing to give you.
- If my absence does not change your life, then my presence had no meaning in it
- Sometimes your heart is broken in the worst way so that your soul can be saved
- We never lose friends. We simply learn who the real ones are.
- Stop letting people who do so little for you, control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions
- The more I find myself, the more fake people I lose because I start to realize that not everyone is for me.
- Be careful who you confide in because a listening ear is also a running mouth.
- I did not lose a friend; I just realized that I never had one.
- Fake people care more about what they can get from you. That is why they will do everything it takes to keep you around. Beware of such people who never keep their promises but always expect you to keep yours.
- There is something wrong with your character if opportunity controls your loyalty
Funny quotes about fake friends
Once you get over the initial shock of being betrayed, you might want to make light of the situation. Do not dwell on your mistakes, instead, learn from them and move on. Confident that you will never make the same mistake twice, you will look past your heartbreak and post a funny quote for fake people:
- I am a really nice person so if you see me ignoring someone, just know that they earned that treatment.
- I keep my circle small because I prioritize quality over quantity.
- How nice is it when toxic people stop talking to you? It is like the trash took itself out.
- When people are two-faced the only thing you’ll know for sure is that you can’t trust either of them.
- If you are going to be two-faced at least make one of them pretty. – Marilyn Monroe
- You are just like a penny, two-faced and worthless.
- Do not be fooled by their masks. Fake people eventually show their true colors. Just wait until their mask needs cleaning.
- I really hate two faced people, it’s hard to decide which face to slap first. – Yong Junhyung
- Life is too short for fake butter, cheese, or people – Karen Salmansohn
- Friends do not leave their friends for other friends.
- Don’t fear the enemy that attacks you, but the deceitful friend that hugs you.
- Fake friends are like autumn leaves, they are scattered everywhere.
- It is funny how you are nice to my face. It is hilarious how you talk behind my back. And it is downright comical that you think I am unaware.
- Make sure that everybody in your boat is rowing and not drilling holes when you are not looking.
Fake friend quotes by famous people
You will be surprised to find out that some famous people have also experienced betrayal from those they held dear. A lot of literature and music about betrayal from close friends and family has been written. That is why these two faced fake friends quotes by famous people are so relatable:
- Some people think that the truth can be hidden with a little cover-up and decoration. But as time goes by, what is true is revealed, and what is fake fades away. – Ismail Haniyeh
- False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports - Richard Burton
- I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being good all the time. That would be hypocrisy – Oscar Wilde
- Being too nice is a crime today. Fake friends are everywhere around you. They will use you and when you are of no use, throw you away like a wrapper – Shizra
- In the beginning, some people try to appear that everything about them is "in black and white," until later their true colors come out – Anthony Liccione
- Without wearing any mask we are conscious of, we have a special face for each friend – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- God has given you one face, and you make yourself another – William Shakespeare
- A friend who stands with you in pressure is more valuable than a hundred ones who stand with you in pleasure – Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
- Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down– Oprah Winfrey
- Sometimes the person you would take a bullet for ends up being behind the gun – Tupac
Fake family quotes
Have you encountered quotes for fake friendship that seem oddly relevant to your situation with a family member? You should know that friendships exist within families. Because your relatives can turn their backs on you and betray your trust, it is not surprising that some of these two faced people quotes communicate exactly how you feel towards wicked family members.
- In a toxic family system, the black sheep is often just the person who sees through everyone else’s fakeness.
- Some of the most poisonous people come disguised as friends and family.
- I hate two-faced people and it is even worse when they are supposed to be your family.
- Family is supposed to be our safe haven. Very often, it is the place where we find the deepest heartache. – Iyanla Vanzant
- Being genetically related does not make you family. Love, support, trust, sacrifice, honesty, protection, acceptance, security, compromise, gratitude, respect and loyalty are what make you family.
- Does it run in your blood to betray the ones you love? – Papa Roach
- I may be the black sheep of the family, but some of the white sheep are not as white as they try to appear.
- Just because someone is family does not mean you have to tolerate lies, chaos, drama, manipulation, and disrespect.
Fake people quotes might be the only way to reveal your true thoughts about the two-timing people in your life. When you read a relatable quote, you will get inspiration to walk away from toxic friends and family members who do not support you. You can choose to post sarcastic quotes about fake people or emotional quotes from this list.