- After spending 14 days in self-isolation, Governor Obiano of Anambra state said he has tested negative for COVID-19
- Similarly, a former governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose, said he has tested negative for the virus but will remain indoors in line with government directives
- Meanwhile, Governor Ortom of Benue state and his deputy are still awaiting the results of their tests
Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra state and former governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose, have tested negative for COVID-19.
The Nation reports that Governor Obiano made a public appearance on Thursday, April 2, after spending 14 days in self-isolation.
The governor said three more samples of suspected cases had been sent to Irua, Edo state for testing, while the state awaits the results of two samples.
Legit.ng gathers that Obiano further announced that he would commission the 250-bed isolation centre in Mbaukwu on Friday, April 3.
Also, the former governor of Ekiti, Fayose, has also announced that he has tested negative for the virus.
Fayose said he was happy to test negative for the virus and asked more Nigerians to go for the test while praying for victims.
”I took a Covid-19 test yesterday because of my perceived exposure in the last two weeks I just got the result which is negative.
”Notwithstanding, I will remain indoor like other Nigerians and I encourage more people to go for the test and remain at home in line with the government's directive,” Fayose was quoted as saying
Meanwhile, the governor of Benue state, Samuel Ortom and his deputy, Engineer Benson Abounu, are still awaiting their results.
Governor Ortom challenged others to go for the test, saying “knowing your coronavirus status is not a death sentence.”
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) confirmed 10 new cases of coronavirus infection, taking the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 184.
The NCDC in a tweet on Thursday, April 2, stated seven of the new cases were detected in Lagos state, while three were confirmed in Abuja.
The agency said out of the 184 cases recorded so far, 20 people who have been treated for the infection and have been discharged while two have died of the virus.
Legit.ng gathered that the president’s right-hand man had last week tested positive for COVID-19 but has only experienced mild symptoms, according to family sources.
“Since the diagnosis, he has had the occasional cough, which, though not chesty, remained stubborn, hence his decision to transfer to a private facility in Lagos for further tests and observations.
“Up till now, he has had no high fever or difficulty in breathing, and the cough is subsiding after treatment, so he is making good progress. The doctors want him to sleep and rest more for now, so they took his phones away but he is stable and improving,” a family member told TheCable on Thursday, April 2.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Coronavirus: The govt cannot force us to stay at home | - on Legit TV