- Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi state has spoken about his health status after testing positive for coronavirus
- The Bauchi state leader speaking with Yakubu Dogara, the former speaker of the House of Reps said he is going well
- The governor thanked Dogara for his care and advised his counterparts to take the global pandemic seriously
Amid the spread of COVID-19 in Nigeria, the governor of Bauchi state, Bala Mohammed, has said he is doing okay without any adverse manifestation of the deadly coronavirus symptoms.
Yakubu Dogara, the former speaker of the House of Representatives, disclosed this information on his official Facebook page on Wednesday, March 25, after he got in touch with the governor.
This came just one day after the governor made it known that he tested positive for the global pandemic after going into self-isolation at his official residence in Bauchi state.
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that Mohammed had gone on self-isolation after it was established that he had contact with the son of former vice president Atiku Abubakar.
Atiku's son, whose name was not mentioned, tested positive for coronavirus after returning to the country amid Covid-19 scare.
Mohammed said: "I am currently ok without any adverse manifestation of the symptoms. I advise all my compatriots out there to take this pandemic very seriously."
The governor urged Nigerians to avoid unnecessary contacts and stay at home.
Legit.ng previously reported that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) reported that there are two new cases of coronavirus in Nigeria. The NCDC via its official Twitter account on Tuesday, March 23, revealed that one case is from Osun while the other one is from Nigeria's megacity, Lagos.
The tweet read: “Two new cases of #COVID19 have been confirmed in Nigeria: 1 in Lagos and 1 in Osun. Both cases are returning travellers to Nigeria in the last 7 days."
In other news, the son of Atiku Abubakar, Mohammed Atiku Abubakar, has denied claims that he shook hands with the governor of Bauchi, while on a plane they both boarded on Wednesday, March 18.
Speaking with journalists, the former vice president's son said that he never had physical contact with Governor Mohammed who was said to have travelled with him from Lagos to Abuja on the said date.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Coronavirus: Are Nigerians really afraid of COVID-19? New survey reveals more | Legit TV