- There is no total lockdown of Lagos state, the government says
- According to the government, Governor Sanwo-Olu only urged the private sector to introduce measures that will help stop the spread of the disease
- Going further, the government also said that it also encouraged banks to embrace online banking
The Lagos state government has declared that it did not give directive on a total lockdown of the state.
This was disclosed by the commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotoso.
He said the attention of the government had been drawn to news reports that Lagos was on lockdown.
This followed Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s update on the steps taken to curtail the spread of coronavirus.
According to Omotoso, the impression created by such reports was erroneous.
He said the state was not on lockdown, in spite of the stringent measures introduced by the government.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
Going further, he disclosed that the governor only urged the private sector establishments to introduce measures that would support the government’s efforts at curtailing the spread of COVID-19.
He added that the governor only suggested that banks should enhance their online banking services to enable their customers to have transactions without visiting banking halls.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that the Lagos state government has disinfected bus stops and motor parks in the metropolis. The disinfection was carried out over the rampaging coronavirus pandemic ravaging the world.
The measure is specifically designed to stop the spread of the disease that has forced many Nigerian states into partial lockdown including Lagos.
Lagos is one of the most populated states in Nigeria and efforts of the government to contain the disease will go a long way in protecting citizens of the country.
In another development, Legit.ng reported that Nigeria's seat of power Aso Rock is on partial lockdown according to Femi Adesina, special adviser to the president on media and publicity.
The presidential spokesman disclosed this during an interactive session with state house correspondents on Wednesday, March 25.
Adesina said things are on low key in Nigeria at present and the same thing affected the presidential villa.
He also said the federal executive council (FEC) meetings were suspended indefinitely because of the numbers of participants.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better