Brian Tyree Henry bio: Age, movies, is he gay?
Brian Tyree Henry is a renowned American actor. He is one of the celebrated actors in the African-American community. He has been in several films including – Widows, If Beale Street Could Talk, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, as well as the FX series Atlanta. Most of his fans remember him for the role he played in The Woman in the Window. He is also linked to other popular productions such as The Eternals, Super Intelligence, and The Outside Story.
The rumors of Brian Tyree Henry gay links result from the fact that he is to appear on set, making history as Marvel Cinematic Universe’s first gay superhero! The film is set to be out in November 2020. To execute this role, Brian Tyree Henry, actor Haaz Sleiman, makes the character seem so believable. But who exactly is Bran Tyree? Read on to discover more.
Brian Tyree profile summary
- Name: Brian Henry Tyree
- Date of birth: 31st March 1982
- Age: 37 years
- Nationality: American
- Hometown: Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Country: United States of America
- Ethnicity: African American
- Mother: Willow Deane Kearse
- Profession: Actor
Brian Tyree Henry age and early life
The actor is currently 37 years old, going to 38 years, by the end of March 2020. His date of birth is given as 31st March 1982. His hometown is Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States. The celebrated actor is of the African-American ethnicity.
He was born to Willow Deane Kearse, an educator. His father worked in the military. Unfortunately, he lost his mother in early 2016, dedicating the Atlanta episode “Woods” to her. Tyree attended Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia, majoring in business but ended up taking acting as a career.
He furthered his studies at Yale School of Drama, where he earned himself a master’s degree.
Brian Tyree's height
He is 1.88 m tall.
Who is Brian Tyree Henry wife? Is Brian gay?
Tyree has had to contend with countless gay rumors. This followed his sterling and convincing performance as a drag queen in the Wig Out play in 2007. It was held at Sundance Theatre Lab. The fact that he has no known girlfriend or wife does not help matters. However, despite his excellent portrayal of a great gay character, it is not clear if he is one or not.
Brian Tyree Henry movies and TV shows
If you love what the actor does, then you have probably watched a big number of Brian Tyree Henry movies. He is a versatile actor that has featured in diverse genres. Some of his best works are on film and TV. Some of his roles in earlier performances stand out. These are like:
- When he was part of the original cast members of 2011's musical comedy, The Book of Mormon
- His brilliant Broadway acting on Lobby Hero, which earned him a nomination for the 2018 Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Play.
Apart from the two, Tyree is also celebrated for his tremendous display of talent in popular TV shows and movies. These include:
- 2009 - Law & Order played the role of Ben in the episode “Dignity.”
- 2010 - The Good Wife when he played Randall Simmons in the episode “Double Jeopardy.”
- 2013 - Boardwalk Empire where he acted as Winston aka Scrapper in 2 episodes.
- 2014 - The Knick where he played Larkin in the episode “The Busy Flea.”
- 2016–2017 - Vice Principals as Dascius Brown in 3 episodes.
- 2016–present - Atlanta where he acts as Alfred “Paper Boi” Miles in 21 episodes.
- 2017 - This Is Us as Ricky in the episode “Memphis.”
- 2017 - How to Get Away with Murder as a Public Defender in the episode ''Go Cry Somewhere Else.”
- 2018 - Room 104 as Arnold in the episode “Arnold.”
- 2018 - Drunk History as Berry Gordy in the episode “Game Changers.”
His movies include:
Brian is a seasoned actor. His roles in different films, cutting across varied genres is proof of this. He has taken up different roles from major to minor ones, all of which he executed perfectly.
- White Boy Rick where he played the role of officer Mel “Roach” Jackson
- Hotel Artemis as Honolulu
- Widows in which he starred as Jamal Manning
- Don’t Let Go as Garret Radcliff
- If Beale Street Could Talk as Daniel Carty
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse as Jefferson Davis (voice)
- Puerto Ricans in Paris as Spencer
- Person to Person as Mike
- Crown Heights as Massup
- Irreplaceable You as Benji
- Family as Pete
- Joker as Carl (Arkham Clerk)
- Child's Play as Mike
- The Cold Ope as Brian Tyree Henry
Brian Tyree Henry upcoming movies
Apart from the movies he is currently known for, he also has several projects under his sleeves. Fans will be expecting to see him on the following films in the near future:
- The Eternals
- Godzilla vs. Kong
- The Woman in the Window
Having been in several hit movies and shows, Brian is said to be worth a significant amount. He is proof that passion and talent go together. Brian Tyree Henry is n excellent actor who keeps his fans engaged and focused on him. His ability to portray the characters he plays in an almost believable manner always sets him apart. Even as fans look forward to his new roles in upcoming films, they are assured that he will deliver the best.