The wife of the president, Aisha Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, December 11, released a statement accusing a presidential aide, Mallam Garba Shehu, of committing some infractions which violate his duties.
In the statement obtained by Legit.ng titled: "Garba Shehu has gone beyond his boundaries", the wife of the president claimed Garba Shehu was working against the presidential family.
Legit.ng in this article highlights some of the key accusations Aisha Muhammadu Buhari made in the statement about Garba Shehu.
1. Aisha accused presidential aide, Garba Shehu, of abandoning his responsibility.
2. In another accusation, the wife of the president claimed that Garba Shehu had shifted his loyalty to some personalities within the corridors of power outside President Buhari. She said he had presented himself to the power brokers as a willing tool and executioner of their antics.
3. Aisha also claimed the presidential aide blatantly meddled in the affairs of a First Lady of the country.
4. The wife of the president in another claim accused Garba of sacking the media crew working in the office of the First Lady on the orders of Mamman Daura.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
5. She also claimed Garba Shehu stated that the government will not allow the office of the First Lady to run.
6. She said the presidential aide embarked on an orchestrated media campaign of calumny by sponsoring pseudo accounts to write and defame her personality and those of her children.
7. Aisha Buhari also alleged that Garba Shehu has a misguided sense of loyalty and inability to stay true and loyal to one person or group.
Meanwhile, the presidency has replied a national newspaper over its editorial in which the medium said it would start addressing the president as a major general.
The newspaper had in its editorial on Wednesday, December 11, accused the presidency of serial disregard for human rights.
It also accused the presidency of battering other arms of government and the country's democratic institutions.
But in a swift reply, Femi Adesina, special adviser on media and publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari, had on his Twitter page, said there is nothing bad in it if the paper decides to call the president by his rank in the Nigerian Army.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.
Aisha Buhari backs president husband - on Legit TV