- The EFCC has reacted to the purported dropping of charges against the ex-minister of petroleum resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke
- A report had on Tuesday, November 26, claimed that the anti-graft agency had dropped charges against the former minister
- But the spokesman of the EFCC on Wednesday, November 27, described the report as fake
A report which claimed that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has dropped charges against the former minister of petroleum resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, has been denied by the agency.
Guardian reports that the spokesperson of the anti-graft agency, Wilson Uwujaren, said in an exclusive interview on Wednesday, November 27, that the story was not only false, it meant to mislead the public.
Legit.ng gathered that Uwujaren, however, asked Nigerians to disregard the story which he described as fake.
“It is fake news, just disregard it,” Uwujaren said in a telephone interview with the Guardian.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the EFCC called out a Nigerian Twitter user, Olushola Ishola, for spreading fake news.
It was reported that Ishola had in a tweet, alleged that the EFCC was about to unfreeze ex-first lady, Patience Jonathan's assets.
But in a swift reaction, the EFCC urged Nigerians to disregard the allegation in its entirety. The agency described Ishola as a harbinger of fake news.
The anti-graft agency had also asked the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos not to unfreeze a bank account with a balance of N1.9 billion allegedly belonging to Bola Shagaya.
It was reported that the agency made the request in a counter-affidavit filed before the court on Monday, February 26, in response to an application filed by Shagaya, which urged the court to give access to her account frozen in December 2016.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.
The EFCC stage a walk against corruption | - on Legit TV